My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went to the local Cub Cadet dealer. The 2042 is a nice tractor. :fing02: So is the 1554. :fing02: Then I was looking at the RZT! Now, what do you think of the RZTs? Not the Z-Force. I was surprised at the RZT; better than I thought. Wife really wants one. I'm confused which one we should get! :fing20: One acre, no hills, no towing, no gardening.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Well...........the deck on the RZT42 is basically the one on the LT1042 & LT2042......same spindles,thickness,etc.
Difference is what it's hangin' from.
Shaft drive LT2042 is smooth and sweet.
Little RZT has a single cylinder Briggs Intek AVS......good for an inexpensive Z and fine for residential 1 acre down.

$64 question...........Who's going to do the mowing? If its her............its a no brainer.... :00000060:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, we share but she, being a very good wife :00000031:, does her fair share and then some! I think we may be going the RZT route. The dealer said call up and they'll have one ready to test drive.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wife here!

Love to cut the grass and enjoy the weekly cutting each summer - can't wait for the first one of the year :fest30: will enjoy cutting the grass on either mower - but the zero turn will be so very COOL!!! can't wait - just like CHRISTMAS - in fact that is what I asked for for both Christmas and my birthday - a zero turn big Daddy tractor!!! now I just wish I was in a sunny state all year round so that I didn't have to take the winter off! :fing02:

·
Registered
308 Posts
BigDenCCMD

A good dealer performing an "on your yard trial" should be able to teach you and your wife how to operate a RZT (ZTR) without tearing up a divot in the lawn when you turn. Tricky but you can learn how to do it.

The only drawback to buying a ZTR is that you or your wife will loose seat time when mowing (if your yard is relatively smooth), but then there is nothing wrong with mowing twice a week! Try not to mow the same pattern twice in a row.

For what you want to do and the size of your yard, have at it and enjoy. A local dealer told me that most manufacturers will be going more towards ZTRs for homeowners in the future.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Those ZTR mowers are not for every one.I for one would not like them.If you want to scratch your you have to stop.I scratch a lot LOL.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like my wife has spoken her peace!

FourAces: that is a good point on steering. I'm sure it would need some practice. The dealer delivers the equipment and goes over the operation of it. I think that will be when we will get the finer points.

johndeere: You were talking about your nose, right? ROF

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think there might be a Z in our future! The dealer had a floor model Z Force for $3100, 42" model. That would be about $100 more than the 50" RZT. I think we'll have the dealer have both models available when we test drive. Now I have to figure out how to put a governor on the thing so my wife isn't doing wheelies on the lawn! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts