My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two (2) Months I bought a Ryobi 48110 Electric Tractor at Home Depot in Spring Hill, FL with the following problems listed below:

The grass is always unevenly cut, for example, high and low areas and a lot of tire tracks.
Grass discharged leveler keeps moving out of place when I hit a small bump or get off the tractor; it will catch onto my clothes disengaging to a lower level cut.
One Item in changing the blade the torque is 600 to 650. My torque wrench only goes up to 200. Called Ryobi and they could not tell me if this is pounds or mm to calculate the right amount of torque for installing the new blades.
The Ryobi 48110 Manual is useless, it does not explain the proper way to level the deck. YOU Will NEED TO BE A MECHANIC TO UNDERSTAND/DETERMINE HOW TO PROPERLY LEVEL THE DISCHARGE DECK.
Home Depot does not sell parts or blades if you need them; you will need to order them on LINE. The question I asked the manager Why would you sell the Ryobi Electric Tractor. If I was made aware of this I would have never bought it.
JUST BEWARE: The warranty starts on the date you purchased the tractor; not the date of delivery or accepting the tractor. It took approximately 2 additional weeks prior to me receiving my order. This was not fair as the delay in delivery was Home Depot fought in Spring Hill, FL. So my warranty should have started on the date of Delivery (when I accepted the Tractor).

NOTE: If I had known the items I have listed, I would have never bought this Ryobi 48110 Electric Tractor at Home Depot.

· Registered
4,521 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, sn1485!

Buying an electric mower at a big box store is problematic for the reasons you listed and many more. There are 2 Ryobi Service Centers near you, one in Tampa and one in St Petersburg. You should direct many of your questions to them and they should be able to help you. Electric mowers are still quite new and many more questions come up than it is easy to find answers to.

There are many different values for torque settings and one should refer to a bolt torque table available online in many places. I use the one at Bolt Depot often when I don't know a specific torque value. The numbers you listed of 600 & 650 could be referring to inch-pounds and not foot pounds which your wrench uses. Just divide by 12 and you get near the values for a grade 5 fine thread bolt of 7/16ths of an inch, which is a common blade bolt used by many.

· Registered
4,521 Posts
Being that the electric mowers are quite new, many of us here on MTF really don't know much about them. Please come back often and share what your experiences are in resolving your difficulties. Really, it's only the source of power that drives the mower that is different, but the other stuff is basically the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.