My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TODAY I HAD SOMTHING WIERD HAPPEN WITH MY MTD 42IN RIDER I RAN OUT OF GAS AND WENT AND GOT MORE(NO BIG DEAL DONE IT BEFOR) PUT THE GAS IN IT, WOULDNT START SO I CHOKED IT AS USUAL WHEN COLD IT STARTED THEN I PUSHED THE CHOKE IN AND IT DIED SO WHAT I AM GETTING AT IS THE ONLY WAY IT WILL RUN IS 75%CHOKE AND THE IF THERE IS ANY STRAIN PUT ON THE MOTOR(HEAVY GRASS CUTTIN) IT WANTS TO DIE I ALREADY TOOK OFF THE FILTER AND LINE AND CLEANED THEM OUT. LOOKING FOR IDEAS

:thanku:

·
Banned
1,879 Posts
When you run an engine out of gas it sucks the dregs in the tank and the float bowl. A good carb clean should do the trick.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Check the screen in the bottom of the tank. Running it dry will drag all the crud to it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
TODAY I HAD SOMTHING WIERD HAPPEN WITH MY MTD 42IN RIDER I RAN OUT OF GAS AND WENT AND GOT MORE(NO BIG DEAL DONE IT BEFOR) PUT THE GAS IN IT, WOULDNT START SO I CHOKED IT AS USUAL WHEN COLD IT STARTED THEN I PUSHED THE CHOKE IN AND IT DIED SO WHAT I AM GETTING AT IS THE ONLY WAY IT WILL RUN IS 75%CHOKE AND THE IF THERE IS ANY STRAIN PUT ON THE MOTOR(HEAVY GRASS CUTTIN) IT WANTS TO DIE I ALREADY TOOK OFF THE FILTER AND LINE AND CLEANED THEM OUT. LOOKING FOR IDEAS

:thanku:
Hey join the club :trink39:
Is this a single cylinder engine or a twin?
Did you take the fuel line off the carb and blow thru it with it still connected to the tank to check for an obstruction at the bottom of the tank?
It just sounds like to me its related to running it out of fuel.
Hope you didn't burn a valve or seat.KEEP YOU ENGINE HYDRATED!:fing32:Good luck!
-Rayboy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts