My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Ruger Single Six that I bought new in 1971 and am thinking about sell it. It is in execlent conditon with a mag cyl.What do you think it might be worth?

·
Super Moderator
7,354 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,354 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,354 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about that but wasn't sure. By the way what is the safety transfer bar?
It's the way Ruger made the revolver safe to carry 6 rounds. The transfer bar gets hit by the hammer and pushes the firing pin in when you pull the trigger. The transfer bar can't fire the gun without out the trigger being held down so no accidental discharge can happen if you drop the gun.

Pull your hammer back and you'll see it. Slowly lower the hammer with the trigger pulled and you'll see the hammer hit it and push it into the firing pin. Then pull the trigger, let go of the trigger while lowering the hammer and you'll see the transfer bar drop away and the hammer will not contact the firing pin.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's the way Ruger made the revolver safe to carry 6 rounds. The transfer bar gets hit by the hammer and pushes the firing pin in when you pull the trigger. The transfer bar can't fire the gun without out the trigger being held down so no accidental discharge can happen if you drop the gun.

Pull your hammer back and you'll see it. Slowly lower the hammer with the trigger pulled and you'll see the hammer hit it and push it into the firing pin. Then pull the trigger, let go of the trigger while lowering the hammer and you'll see the transfer bar drop away and the hammer will not contact the firing pin.
Doesn't look like my gun has the transfer bar. Is this good or bad? From a safety stand point I see where it is bad but how will it affect value?

·
Super Moderator
7,354 Posts
Doesn't look like my gun has the transfer bar. Is this good or bad? From a safety stand point I see where it is bad but how will it affect value?
I wouldn't even mention it when selling it. If someone tries to lever that into dropping the price on it you can tell them Ruger offers a conversion for free. https://ruger.com/pdf/safetyOfferAd.pdf

·
Super Moderator
7,354 Posts
Thanks Steve, by the way whats in the mug? I guess apple juice.
So, I brew beer as a hobby. My user name is partly from the Czech beer Pilsner Urquell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts