My Tractor Forum banner

Ruegg Hitch

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  dave_r 
#1 ·
So looking at the Ruegg 3 point there is a 140 hitch kit that fits the John Deere 140 300 and 317 with closed frame. My question is would that fit a John Deere 314?

#3 ·
The closed frame tractors from140 through 317, including the EARLY 316 ('78), have the same rear configuration, so to answer your question directly, "Yes, it will fit a 314."

I'd be curious as to how it raises/lowers. I can't see a cylinder in the pic, so maybe it operates from the rockshaft like an integral hitch. If you get it, keep us posted. Bob

#11 ·
I believe Ruegg 3point for the 140 thru 317 runs off a Bar to the Mid rocker-shaft Like the OEM Integral hitch did on those models Not as Fancy as the OEM 3point with separate Hydraulic cylinder But it gets the Job done (y)

#5 ·
OEM is hydraulic, so JD110 will also have to pipe rear connections and either install a lockout valve of rockshaft cylinder or use a mechanical lockout link. Not impossible, but additional steps. bob

#7 ·
The frame on open frame tractors are "open"...meaning nothing goes from one side to the other on the front or back between of the frame rails. A "Closed" frame tractor has a plate in the front that ties the frame rails together and another on on the rear. Hope ya know what I'm saying! Bob

#13 ·
Ad says "complete", but I would contact them as ask about the lift bar...the arm that goes from the rockshaft to the 3-pt to make it lift! Not difficult to make if you had to. Bob

#14 ·
Ruegg Makes every component to Make it work No need to Make anything yourself (y)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.