My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I made one last year. Mine was cut out of some reinforced rubber strips. I'm not sure what the material was originally intended for, but I scored it from the dumpster at work. It's about 3/8" thick and looks like conveyor belt material.
On mine, I used two layers of the material under the steel cutting edge. Picture a sandwich of the steel cutting blade, then two layers of the belting, then the plow blade. I used two layers so it would act like a floor squeegee. I positioned the holes in the rubber such that the lower rubber edge is about 1.5 inches below the steel. Needed longer blade bolts, of course.
You have to break the edge in by pushing it around on dry pavement. After that it works well and provides a really clean surface without scaring up the driveway.
If you can get your hands on some thick HMW or UHMW plastic to use as a cutting edge, I think that would work even better.
I've seen where others have used casters behind the blade to support the cutting edge just about the driveway surface. That requires some welding, so I elected to go with the rubber edge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.