My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find the center spindle for my RT-16T. Tried to just replace the barrings but I didn't even make it a full cut before it ate the new barrings. I've tried searching and can not find anything. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Kenny

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can anyone help. I don't want to see how much it will cost have one custom built.

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
those are very common bearings; same as front outer wheel bearings for alot of 60s-70s cars; and are CHEAP to buy. did you fully grease them? I made that mistake once; I had a new spindle, installed it and like you got about 1/2 done and it ate them; I'd greased them but not enough; make sure to keep pumping til you see it oozing out both ends.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did grease it unit the grease was oozing out. The issue appears the the shaft has a lot of ware to it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure on the year, the best I can come up with is a early 70's. I have not been able to figure out the exact year.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Did you change the race's also ? So your saying the bearing is spinning on the shaft ?

The ones I worked with had to be pressed apart. Only way to get the bearings off the shaft.

They have used ones on ebay now and then. You can also try emailing Joes outdoor power. He sells them on ebay and is a MTF member.

You also could have a new spindle made.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did also change the races, I was able to knock them out with a hammer and punch. I got the races and barrings at NAPA, they had them in stock. I was hopping to buy an original spindle that is in good shape, I'm not sure what it will cost to have one made.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I used a punch also for the race but the bearing had to be pressed off the spindle shaft. Maybe your bearing set up and spun on the shaft ?

There was a guy on the case forum here that had a shaft made at a machine shop for under a 100 bucks.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
If thats the Roper Version of a Sears SS16 I have manuals with part numbers for those decks. 42 or 48 in cut?

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
james i think it is.. i think the rt-16 is an st/16 but the rt-16t is an ss16

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, it is the roper version of the SS16 with the 48" deck. I have the manuals for everything from the motor to all the pull behind implements, the only manual I don't have is the one on the deck.

·
Tractor hoarder/collector
2,456 Posts
Ive got the deck books, ive got the 42 and 48in deck books here somewhere...Ive also got some old decks to sell....Ill see if I got a spindle lose, if I do Ill dig it out...ive got WAY to much stuff so id be glad to sell off some parts to a fellow MTF member at a decent price...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That would be great if you have one!

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Ive got the deck books, ive got the 42 and 48in deck books here somewhere...Ive also got some old decks to sell....Ill see if I got a spindle lose, if I do Ill dig it out...ive got WAY to much stuff so id be glad to sell off some parts to a fellow MTF member at a decent price...
if you have spare deck parts i need a center spindle and idlers and a top tin cover for a 42" deck! (or at least the spindle and idler parts)

·
2,456 Posts
Ok, ill look for two of them then!!! 1 for both of ya and then some extras for GT80!!! Ill get to it ASAP!!! But im busy busy busy.....I wish I could just take a week off and get caught up!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the book James.

searstractorfan... have you had a chance to look for the spindle? As much as I like using my neighbors Dixie Chopper, I don't like borrowing people's stuff.

Kenny

·
2,456 Posts
sorry no I havent....it been in the high 90's all week with like 100% humidity and by the time i get home from work(we have a tank heating a liquid and keeping it at 285 degrees so it makes the building hotter and we dont have AC at work) i just come home and sit in the AC...I havent even gotten to my projects here.....Ill look I promise!!! ill try this weekend!!! Sunday its supposed to be down in the 80's and the humidity down a little!! WOW!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK, thanks. It sounds like you have some of our weather from Florida.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts