My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Hey Toolin,
I always enjoy your posts. You seem to have the same engineering lust as I do.
MTD may not have your model's speed specs (I'm sure some one knows) but they should know a rpm vs. impellar size; some engineering info I'd be keen to have. For a bit of fun with my Gravely and the MA210, I put the PTO in high (which I think is 1:1 with the engine), and fill my neighbours driveway with snow (about 100ft); but I can only cut a 10" swath. I think choosing the impeller speed comes down to HP. You want it going as fast as possible without bogging down the engine. You probably have more HP than what the blower was originally designed for. In fact, to keep the input torque within design requirements (whatever they are), you must increase the speed. Otherwise you could twist a drive shaft, or shear a pin, etc.. More rpm puts less stress on the drive components. Its the best way to put more HP through which is what your doing. Without imperical knowledge, the only way to find the best drive ratio is trial and error. Unfortunately, that means different belts and pulleys, but I think your the guy to do it. I would start with doubling your impellar speed.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.