My Tractor Forum banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Only have one round fender. It came to me with no rear fenders, axle ,hitch plate, seat ,or pulley cover. The front half of the tractor was all there and it runs great.

A square fender hitch plate and rear axle fit with a little drilling. Lawn and garden tractor magazine had an article about case tractor built into a 2 seater and tool carrier. This tractor seemed like a good candidate to build ,since the back half was missing.

I built this with 3/4 exterior plywood, construction adhesive ,and screws, bondo over the screws and paint.

Am giving rides to the grand children and should work to give driving lessons soon.

Also works very well to carry tools around yard doing repairs.
I do have to say that that is pretty slick!!

Good job on making good use of what you had available!!

Functional and stylish!!

Jared

·
not quins. but sextuplets
15,216 Posts
View attachment 2344791

View attachment 2344793

Only have one round fender. It came to me with no rear fenders, axle ,hitch plate, seat ,or pulley cover. The front half of the tractor was all there and it runs great.

A square fender hitch plate and rear axle fit with a little drilling. Lawn and garden tractor magazine had an article about case tractor built into a 2 seater and tool carrier. This tractor seemed like a good candidate to build ,since the back half was missing.

I built this with 3/4 exterior plywood, construction adhesive ,and screws, bondo over the screws and paint.

Am giving rides to the grand children and should work to give driving lessons soon.

Also works very well to carry tools around yard doing repairs.
I see a lotta 2 seaters at the treshing bees so mama & pops can ride them ..

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Looks like a very early Gator prototype!!!

Jared

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Hauled a load home today!!

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Jared

Attachments

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I need that HD air cleaner!
I was wondering who would spot that first...…

Got the '64 running, no serial tag on it but it has all the signs of being an early '64. Dimpled rims, dimpled hood supports, welded pin grille, kill button points cover, etc.

Here's a few more pictures.

Jared

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,183 Posts
So do you need my address, or???

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
So do you need my address, or???
Uhh…… how about or?:sidelaugh

Sorry Nick, this one is getting blasted, primed, sprayed back to black, and going on the '71 120 with the Johnson.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
A Blue Patio in the mix?
It's a '67 110 done up in Seahawks colors. Just needs to be re-assembled. Everything is there except the wiring harness, which I can make.

Jared

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Went through some of the extra goodies.

More manuals to add to the pile.

Some new 110 decals.. JD.. not reproduction, 2 yet to be identified bearings, and 5 new mower spindle bearings..... where's the 6th one?? Manual lift and variator grips, shfter knob and a new shifter handle, some carb and air cleaner gaskets.

There are also some fun Seahawks decals.

The 2 little boxes contain a left and right OEM set of 110 hood decals.

Jared

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Jared that is quite the haul. Congrats on all the parts and new machines.

Any chance you can do me the favor of measuring the lift cable for the sleeve hitch and take a complete pic of it? When I took my 64 RF apart a few weeks ago the cable was missing and there was a very creative cable in its place. I'd like to either find an original or make one if necessary.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I confirmed today John Deere or Kohler was very typical in building my RF and took the liberty of putting a 1963 air cleaner cover and stud in the air cleaner base on my 64 machine. I just received a few parts from Hapco including an air filter for a 63 and it fit perfectly on mine.

I suppose mine was early enough in the production run that they were still using 1963 parts or they ran out of 64 parts during assembly and grabbed what was left on the shelf. Very typical of manufacturing in the USA back in the 60's.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

Any chance you can do me the favor of measuring the lift cable for the sleeve hitch and take a complete pic of it? When I took my 64 RF apart a few weeks ago the cable was missing and there was a very creative cable in its place. I'd like to either find an original or make one if necessary.
I can do that no problem. Gotta wait for the sun to come up..... and it won't hurry up!! I have stuff to play with!!

Jared

·
Super Moderator
13,182 Posts
Jared that is a haul of RF stuff. I haven't been able to find one of those around here in over a year. Always a lot of fun to dig through all that stuff once you get it home.

You might have to beat Nick off with a baseball bat about that HD Air Cleaner.

The early style sleeve hitches didn't have the same nice cable that the later style hitches did. The early style was just a piece of cable that had loops in each end. Attached is a PDF of the parts catalog breakdown. Parts 3A, 35, and 36.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,183 Posts
Uhh…… how about or?:sidelaugh

Sorry Nick, this one is getting blasted, primed, sprayed back to black, and going on the '71 120 with the Johnson.
Awe, come on! I thought we were friends?! Everyone knows you have to buy my friendship because I'm very shallow lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks for the diagram. That is exactly how my cable was put together. I thought someone had cobbled it together. I had to remove the rear end to take the cable and bracket out.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Thanks for the diagram. That is exactly how my cable was put together. I thought someone had cobbled it together. I had to remove the rear end to take the cable and bracket out.
Ooooo, that's good because I forgot to hold up my end of the deal....

Jared

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I have an extra Integral Hitch, rear lift kit, and helper spring for sale if any fellow round fender guys are looking for this stuff.

I don't even use the one I have so I figured I shouldn't hoard this one.

Jared

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Jared, how much are you asking for the hitch?

81 - 100 of 108 Posts