Rebuilding my First JD GT
3,302 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Got the loader installed on my '65 110 this morning.

Had to pull the floorboards and shim them out which required a trip to the hardware store for some 1"x1/4 flat stock and a handful of 1" carriage bolts.

It turned out great and I just could not stop smiling once it was done and I drove it around!!

Enjoy the pictures!!

Jared

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Guess I should add my 1964 110 round fender to this thread:thThumbsU

Attachments

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Guess I should add my 1964 110 round fender to this thread:thThumbsU
Wow, that is one nice '64!!

The only thing I see it could use to be perfect would be the correct muffler.

Hapco carries them.

Jared

·
Registered
258 Posts
Jared, great job on getting the loader hooked up. I can imagine the smile once it was on and you lifted it in the air the first time.

Sergeant your 64 looks neglected. Haha. You should loan it to me so I know how everything on my 64 is supposed to work. Haha. I hope mine will look very similar by next spring.

Here is to getting fresh oil.

Jason

Attachments

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Jared, great job on getting the loader hooked up. I can imagine the smile once it was on and you lifted it in the air the first time.

Sergeant your 64 looks neglected. Haha. You should loan it to me so I know how everything on my 64 is supposed to work. Haha. I hope mine will look very similar by next spring.

Here is to getting fresh oil.

Jason
I had my fingers crossed when I went to grab the lever!! I hadn't seen it operate yet. As it went higher.... my smile got larger!!

Works like new as far as I can tell. It is much tighter and less worn than the 12A on my 120 for sure!!

Jared

·
Super Moderator
15,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Wow, that is one nice '64!!

The only thing I see it could use to be perfect would be the correct muffler.

Hapco carries them.

Jared
Well that is how I Bought it I didn't do the restore. But to tell You the truth I prefer that over what Came with the 1964 110 New. The original Muffler sticks out to far for my taste and Many 110 owners went to the style I have on there restores:thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Well rather than purchase a front lift rod for a RF, I went ahead and made one.

I got a picture and the dimensions from Ed over on WFM.

It is made from a '68 140's brake rod, and an early 317 style deck lift rod.

Looks just like an OEM rod.

I'm ready for some snow!!!

Jared

Attachments

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Jared, congrats on the FEL mounting, I was amazed how clean the rams are, just a little rust on the rest of it, it'll buff out! :sidelaugh
Thank You.

After I first installed it and was done "playing" with it I parked it under the lean to with the bucket about 1 inch off the ground. 5 days later it was still an inch off the ground.

Mechanically it is in amazing condition..... cosmetically..... not so much. I like the patina though, and the fact it still has all of the decals.

The bucket holds the exact same amount of wood as our wheeled firewood cart, so that worked out good.

Thanks again.

Jared

·
not quins. but sextuplets
15,216 Posts
I have 6 of the RF JD 100 machines.. one can b seen in my avatar.. now I claim braggin rights for the biggest collection of them in the world.. I have yet to see anybody to have 7 or more..

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Got rid of the cheesy iron pipe stack on my '67 112H and replaced it with the correct muffler I acquired from a fella I have done lots of RF parts business over on WFM. Looks great and is much, much quieter!!

Jared

Attachments

·
close enuff works for me
2,924 Posts
IMG_0524.JPG

IMG_0522.JPG

Only have one round fender. It came to me with no rear fenders, axle ,hitch plate, seat ,or pulley cover. The front half of the tractor was all there and it runs great.

A square fender hitch plate and rear axle fit with a little drilling. Lawn and garden tractor magazine had an article about case tractor built into a 2 seater and tool carrier. This tractor seemed like a good candidate to build ,since the back half was missing.

I built this with 3/4 exterior plywood, construction adhesive ,and screws, bondo over the screws and paint.

Am giving rides to the grand children and should work to give driving lessons soon.

Also works very well to carry tools around yard doing repairs.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts