My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on another allis discussion site getting info on round baling with a allis 190. I have always used my 7040 to bale,but it will be out of commission for a while. I have not used a tractor without live power for many years.I need to start baling next week and would like to know what are the top things I should watch for until I am accustomed to baling with this machine? Most of the comments about using this tractor to bale were negative.Any one out there use a 190 to bale with now? THANKS DAN

· Premium Member
9,732 Posts
Might help if we knew the bailer type. But yes I have bailed hay using a tractor without live power. The ability of getting it out of gear on the move helps a lot. I have never bailed with a or operated a190 before. So all I can say is it may go ok or you may have an exhausting day. But yes it could be done.

· Premium Member
9,732 Posts
Ok! Just looked your tractor up. The neutralizer lever in neutral will allow stops and keep the pto running. So the only concern left would be the size of the bailer and does the tractor have enough weight and power to operate it.

· Premium Member
2021John Deere x590
157 Posts
You can use the high low power shift to keep the pto going. Not ideal but will help prevent plugging the bailer. When you need to stop just pop the power shift into neutral.You can also go from high range to low range to slow down. No clutch needed that way. I have a 190XT I use with a 6 foot brush hog and this is how I prevent the mower from stopping every time I push in the clutch

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.