My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a echo weed eater and back pack blower that are hard to start and run rough. My question is do any fuel system cleaners or anything similar help with something like this? Or do I need to pull the carbs and rebuild them....thanks

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
I have a echo weed eater and back pack blower that are hard to start and run rough. My question is do any fuel system cleaners or anything similar help with something like this? Or do I need to pull the carbs and rebuild them....thanks
I have a Stihl weed eater, chain saws, leaf blower and they all ran like crap until I started using premix fuel, Stihl Motomix, Trufuel, JP Racing fuel in them. They run great and run when you want them to. It does cost more but they run when I want them to.

CCMoe

·
Premium Member
6,327 Posts
You might also check the spark arrestor screens if they have them. I know my Stihls have problems when those screens get plugged over time. Just remove/clean/reinstall and they work so much better...

·
Administrator
21,663 Posts
You might also check the spark arrestor screens if they have them. I know my Stihls have problems when those screens get plugged over time. Just remove/clean/reinstall and they work so much better...
Agree on the screen. My Echo was running rough, would die, etc. Took the screen out (after I bought a new carb/air filter/spark plug kit) and it was clogged. Went ahead and put new air filter and spark plug in and took a propane torch and burned the carbon off the screen. Runs good.

I had some Ryobi's that would run bad, too, years ago. Seems the cylinder would loosen up and allow air leaks. Tightened it up and ran fine.

·
Jerk of all trades
401 Posts
Seafoam
Give it a try .. couldn't hurt .. Auto zone, O'Reilly's etc....

·
Super Moderator
10,492 Posts
My Echo stuff usually runs great on 89 octane gas with ethanol ( no non eth availabe anywhere near here)...I am waiting right now for a carb for my hedge trimmer (SHC 225) it just started acting up ...I did remove and go through thecarb 2 times, including an ultrasonic bath and poking all the little holes ...it is 8 years old....new carb was only 13 bucks including all new fuel lines, including the vent line grommet, spark plug and extra primer bulbs.....I will let you know as soon as I get it set up if it took care of the problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts