My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for lighting ideas for mounting. I have a light bar i want to mount int he center of the top bad and i would like to mount 2 pod lights on each up right, one forward facing and one back. What does everyone use for this. Im not wanting to spend a lot of money on brackets.

·
Premium Member
7,539 Posts
Depends on what type of mounting arrangement the light fixtures have built in, but I would get some stainless hose clamps (stainless so they don't rust outside in the weather) with the rubber padding included and use them to hold some pieces of slotted flat stock in place and then mount the lights to the flat stock.

·
Administrator
16,917 Posts
I like to use stainless square U-bolts and a piece of stainless flat stock. Drill the mount holes and away you go. I have a tendency to over tighten hose clamps used on ridged material. And the piece of inner tube between the Rops and light bar doesn't always have enough flex. H'mm, mayber I shouldn't be using the 1/2" nut driver. Guess I should look for the 1/4.
MikeC

·
Professional Homeowner
7,200 Posts
Biting my tongue a little, but I committed a sin with my last tractor and drilled/tapped small holes in the front of the cross bar of my roll bar... In my mind, holes in that area of the roll bar won't affect it much in a rollover situation. However, if a tree falls on it, that's another story.
I like the idea of hose clamping angle iron to the bar, and mounting the light to that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ken's bolt on hooks has clamps that mount on the ROPS and have mounts for the lights. Very nice looking like OEM.

DOUG

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts