My Tractor Forum banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Collector of many tractors
15,265 Posts
This is my Roper Hydro currently with a 16hp Onan from a Sears Suburban(Probably can tell from the yellow paint). Originally came with no engine, wiring, battery holder and many other parts. It has been my project to restore this tractor but it always seems like another project always gets in the way. I have many other Sears Suburbans but this tractor has a special place in my heart. Gotta love the Hydro!

View attachment 1777297
Love your old roper. Looks like an old one like I have.
I had a very hard time finding fenders. When I bought
Mine it had no fenders or grill or hood. Out of 30 tractors
My old roper is my faveret one. Years ago I sold it and just
This summer I bought it back again

·
Registered
157 Posts
Here is my latest find. It is a 1975 Roper Hydro-13. It is my first Roper tractor, but I have several Sears Suburbans as well. My plans right now are to get it functioning mechanically and leave it as a barn find on the outside. From what I have gathered these Hydro-13 tractors are pretty hard to find and boy do I love the hydro!
image.jpg

·
Rebuilding my First JD GT
3,309 Posts
I purchased some round rear fenders and foot rests from what I believe was a Roper at one point. Hood, rear wheels, seat, steering wheel and a few other things were missing so it was hard to tell what it really is after the fenders and foot rests are removed. I can't wait to customize one of my tractors by eliminating the seat pan/fender and using Round fenders :)

I think I want to take the front look of the 110/112/140 hood and these round fenders and put them on one of the John Deere 317's I have. That Ought to make people do a double take and scratch the old noggin.

·
Premium Member
9,515 Posts
141 - 146 of 146 Posts