My Tractor Forum banner

121 - 140 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Chadmartin01. I have a 20T with mower deck. is your deck a stock one. mine looks similar but has the 4 spring pulls to release it from tractor. I'm selling to another MTF member in SC.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't know about you guys but where I'm at there's a lot of roper made tractors, maybe I just got a better eye fore them lol

image.jpg
Here's me and my custom 8E

·
Quality! Not quantity...
387 Posts
Got bored today... Was looking at the roper being all clean except for a few spots... Well it bugged me soo I proceeded to take front wheels off to degrease/scrub and wash the inside of the wheels. Took a lot work but they look tons better and match better as they were basically all black inside. This is best pic I have tonight image.jpg

·
Quality! Not quantity...
387 Posts
Got the roper out and "Worked it" hauled the wagons around while cleaning up the yard.. It's the most work it will ever see lol image.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,242 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is what I was able to get my hands on a few weeks ago. Needed a few things but got really lucky and found another in my area so grabbed it up too. Got the good one put back together now (with a few donor parts) but seem to have a surging issue that needs dealing with. Other then that I'm pretty happy. Would like to see a few pics of the guys that have the sears FELs to. See how the pump is mounted and the front supports. Seems like this one has had some "customizing" done to it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,242 Posts
I wonder what the shipping from Canada to Texas would be for the FEL? Heck leave it attached to the Roper 20T :thThumbsU
Ohhh I'll take both of them! They look in really good shape!

·
Registered
17 Posts
awesome thread! glad to see there are some Roper enthusiasts. I can't seem to find much on these tractors. I picked up a roper about a month ago for $150. it is in beautiful shape. only issues are 3rd gear doesn't work, and the rear tires were rotted out.

Bringing her home

during a little test drive after getting home, I discovered that both of my dogs like going for rides. this one actually hops up onto your lap whenever you stop.

after a good wash and wax, I welded up a hitch to tow around my trailer, and put on some new rear tires.

next was the exhaust. the stock muffler had seen better days. so in the name of experimentation, I tried something a little different. not sold on the looks, but the sound is amazing, never though a single cylinder engine could sound so throaty.

I have a new seat on order to replace the dry-rotted factory seat, and I have new front tires sitting in the garage. the original fronts are holding air, but have some major dry rot cracks on the sidewalls. I am not looking forward to wrestling with the new tires and the tire irons. the rears were hard enough...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey there Roper folks, my first post here. Sorry I don't have any pictures to post yet but I will get some, I promise. I have a Roper GT18, no clue what year, it was given to me somewhere between 5 and 10 years ago, just had the mower deck when I got it. It is the B&S opposed twin. I didn't do much with it except mow a little bit until I moved to the upstate (SC) and I now have a couple of acres, mostly wooded, to deal with. I have been working on the old girl to do a few more things, built myself a hitch and got a disk, and chisel cultivator, found (literally, in the woods) an old cultivator point from a REAL tractor and turned it into a plow. I am currently building a front attachment for a push blade and have the makings of a front end loader mostly from a left over bolt-in roll cage from an old SCCA Ford Fiesta (don't ask, it would take too long to explain that one). I have gone through and fixed up some stuff, made an actual steering box to replace the original, plan a few other things like relocating battery, a bigger one too, vintage metal seat (also found in the woods), bigger fuel tank (8 gal fuelcell, also from old SCCA race car), fabricate some kind of different exhaust, thinking about using an automotive ac compressor clutch on the front pully to use as a pto, etc, etc. Just got some REAL tractor tires to replace the pathetic turf tires. I love this tractor, it will do amazing things and it is very simple and straight forward to work on except one thing which brings me to the point of this long rambling post...THE DRIVE BELT SYSTEM AND TRANSAXLE I could use some help here. Is there some way of upgrading the drive belt system, mine functions but is not all that impressive and I think a bit more positive power transfer would be helpful, but I figure I should ask if anyone has come up with anything before I go off on a tangent trying to figure out something. I have no problems with the transaxle, it is actually very good with the 3 forward, 1 reverse and dual range, but I have looked all over it and can find no drain, fill, or check plug for the oil leve, even looked in the only manual I could find and it ain't where they say it is!!!l. I'd like to take it apart and put in new seals and check out everything but I can't seem to find any good information, or even illustrations. Ok, I'll shut up now but please, if anyone can supply any transaxle info I would really appreciate it. I'll send pics asap even though right now without most of the body it looks mostly like some rat rod project. Thanks to all, this is a great forum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is my Roper Hydro currently with a 16hp Onan from a Sears Suburban(Probably can tell from the yellow paint). Originally came with no engine, wiring, battery holder and many other parts. It has been my project to restore this tractor but it always seems like another project always gets in the way. I have many other Sears Suburbans but this tractor has a special place in my heart. Gotta love the Hydro!

IMG_20160907_182747189_HDR.jpg

121 - 140 of 146 Posts