My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all Sears/Roper fans, Brad from Maine. Thought I'd start a thread For Roper tractors. We all know Sears owes their reputation to Roper For producing some of the most powerful, longest lasting machines to ever hit the yard! Here a couple pics of my 1974 Roper RT-13 I got in trade for some old auto parts. It was probably the trade I ever got, considering it came with all the manuals, 42'' Deck, Snow blade, and a snowthrower attachment. Story goes, the guy I got from bought it from an old lady, Whos husband bought it new in '74. When he passed away, It sat in a shed for over 25 years without being used, Until now. This thing will pull just about anything until it looses tracton. Got a Roper Tractor? Post it here! Thanks for reading! -Brad

Attachments

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has a 30 cubic inch Cast Iron Briggs & Stratton Engine on it. Its rated at 13hp. -Brad

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And I forgot to mention, the engine has never been rebuilt either, Just well maintained.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think there is another Roper pic thread here. A large one, be sure to view that one. Great looking tractor BTW..

·
Registered
378 Posts
I think there is another Roper pic thread here. A large one, be sure to view that one. Great looking tractor BTW..
They should sticky all the picture threads like that lol. Now I gotta search for it.

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice roper Brad. There seem to be a lot of them over the border in Canada
Yeah thanks man, I like this tractor more and more evertime I fire It up.
Your right about there being alot of Ropers here in Maine, I know of 4 just in my general area alone. One of them being a '74 Roper 16T Onan!, That the guy won't sell to me.:crybaby:

·
Registered
864 Posts
73Searstractor
Good looking Roper.

I have an RT-10. Been a great tractor. I use it to mow with in the summer. In the winter i use it to pull my trailer when i need firewood.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Great looking tractor my BIL had one for years. That thing would never wear out. He put it up for sale and 2 days later it was gone. slkpk

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
73Searstractor
Good looking Roper.

I have an RT-10. Been a great tractor. I use it to mow with in the summer. In the winter i use it to pull my trailer when i need firewood.

Wow! Awsome looking machine you got there. I can see its much lower to the ground too. That old HH Tecumseh will run forever. Where did you get those front rims? Because I want to put a set of tri ribs on my RT also. Really appreciate it, Thanks. -Brad

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all Thought i'd add my latest addition.

its a 70ish Roper RT-8E. Found it on the curb at the neighbors he was setting it out for scrap on our "recycle days" so i had to save it. Plus i thought it was just cool as all heck.
The hood hinges are broken so while running it vibs and makes a ton of noise. The gas tank was damaged and a new 6 gal plastic tank was mounted behind the seat. It has a vacuum fuel pump. Motor is all original. My only issue with it is the governor seems to be not functioning. The head lights have been removed. so thats is something also to address.
Looking for new tires as the fronts are weather checked and the rears are slicks in wet grass.

Great forum here.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
73Searstractor
Good looking Roper.

Nice tractor, I like the tires

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Heres a pic of my Roper RT 10.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Nice Bunch of tractors:thThumbsU:thThumbsU

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
do roper turf tires say roper on them? sears turfs did

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
do roper turf tires say roper on them? sears turfs did
I dont know, thats a good question. Mine dont have the original tires on it.

·
Registered
864 Posts
73Searstractor
I got those rims off a Bolens tractor.
The Bolens hubs are to wide so i had to have a little taken off of the back side to make them fit but they work great.

Thanks WV Sears
What year is your RT-10 ?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I dont know. I would guess 71 or 72.

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey all Thought i'd add my latest addition.

its a 70ish Roper RT-8E. Found it on the curb at the neighbors he was setting it out for scrap on our "recycle days" so i had to save it. Plus i thought it was just cool as all heck.
The hood hinges are broken so while running it vibs and makes a ton of noise. The gas tank was damaged and a new 6 gal plastic tank was mounted behind the seat. It has a vacuum fuel pump. Motor is all original. My only issue with it is the governor seems to be not functioning. The head lights have been removed. so thats is something also to address.
Looking for new tires as the fronts are weather checked and the rears are slicks in wet grass.

Great forum here.
Nice Tractor you have there offroadwagon. I had no idea Roper built a tractor that small with a horizontal engine. I'm assuming that is Tecumseh powered?
Just a touch of paint, some agressive rear tires, and some tri ribs, and she'll be golden. Thanks for posting. -Brad

1 - 20 of 146 Posts