My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know anything about these tractors? Someone local has one for sale with a mower deck and a snowblower for $250. All I know is it was a Roper 13 horse sold by Sears in the mid 70's.
Were these built well? Are they worth owning? I currently have a '68 Cub Cadet 125, which I love.
This would be primarily for a snow blower, my Cub is my mower. I know the rt-13 isn't hydrostatic, but I don't know anything else about them.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
As far as I know all of the Roper/sears tractors used single stage snow throwers. They are not the best for snow in the northeast, were we tend to get heavy wet snow. But they were great tractors otherwise. Ed

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
As far as I know all of the Roper/sears tractors used single stage snow throwers. They are not the best for snow in the northeast, were we tend to get heavy wet snow. But they were great tractors otherwise. Ed
:ditto: i solved the wet heavy problem by having two tractors... One with a blower, one with a plow.

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
:ditto: i solved the wet heavy problem by having two tractors... One with a blower, one with a plow.
I do the same, I have a gravel drive so I use the blower first lifted a little bit, then clean up with the plow. Also alot of times all I need is the plow for the little storms. I have 450 feet of driveway, so a suburban with a blower or a plow would never be enough. Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts