My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used any rope lights inside the house? We have been storing my moms "aunts" stuff in the room that leads to my bedroom. On one side boxes are stacked over my shoulder. To the other side it is not quite that deep. There is no light fixture in that room. I need something to light the floor so I don't step on the cat again. There is not good place to set a small light.

·
Blank Space
3,038 Posts
I've got some of the incandescent ones in a couple of places as accent lighting. They put out quite a bit of light and would probably do well in your application. Problem is, when one lamp burns out, a whole section (could be a foot or more) goes out, and they're not repairable.

If you do it, I'd suggest the LED version even though they're more expensive.

Another suggestion might be a string of LED christmas lights in white. They'll be on sale soon and you should be able to get them for a couple of bucks. Big Lots has some in the $5 range. These can also be hung in a more temporary way if you want to take them out when the boxes are gone.

·
Loving Life :-)
4,007 Posts
I've got several kinds, but the easiest ones are like the ones from Hampton Bay. Linkable to 200' . They have a little twist - on thread and collar that allows them to be linked together.

Bulk rolls are less money and can make your own lengths too.

I did a porch with the rope light built- in under the guardrail and it was enough to light the perimeter of the porch with a soft glowing light. Nice.

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,947 Posts

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
10,839 Posts
What happens when the cats continuously trip the motion sensors? It's going to look like a disco to the neighbors.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All the shades are down in that room because of all the stuff in there.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
or just step on the cat a few more times until it learns to get out of the way. :sidelaugh
I would have to step on her tail 50 times before she figures it out. She is one of those cats that likes to walk 18 inches in front of you and slow down,,,, while you are walking down a narrow path. A few times I have bent down and grabbed her like a football and lightly toss her between my legs a few feet behind me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts