My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found a Root Brand tractor these were made in Baxter Springs KS. have pics if anyone is interested. Don't know if the guy would sell it. Different looking

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,954 Posts
Pictures would be great! I thought you meant some sort of special tractor for harvesting roots (kinda like an orchard tractor sort of thing). Never seen a Root brand tractor, either tho...

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
There is one in my garage. Root Range Rider.

I have the 3 blade deck, dethatcher and plow with mine not pictured.

Love to see another. One lever for the deck height, one for the manual 3 point.

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,687 Posts
That's funny ABC , when I read the title I thought of your tractor. Only Root I've ever seen.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is one in my garage. Root Range Rider.

I have the 3 blade deck, dethatcher and plow with mine not pictured.

Love to see another. One lever for the deck height, one for the manual 3 point.
Your Root is a Hoot, thats what the one I saw looks like just much rougher. send me an email and Ill send you picks, and the guys name who owns it. Its in Ark City Ks (south of Wichita KS 53 Miles) Very Nice restore:thThumbsU

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
Heres the one Kansas PK found. It's rougher than mine was when I found it, but still plenty savable.

I haven't found my pictures of mine the day I got it home and piled it up in the yard, but I have them somewhere. Mine had black lettering on the sides of the hood. Looks like that one may have been white.
Can't see any paint on it, but I did see a red one on the yahoo Root group awhile back, so it may be a red one.
Would you believe I was degreasing mine and just wiped the ID tag ink off with a rag and all I was left with was a smooth blank metal tag? Oops.

I'll have to fess up to modifying mine. I had a 13hp Briggs sitting around out of a wierd ancient wheel horse, and the 7hp briggs in the Root ran well, but smoked, so I swapped intending to rebuild the 7hp someday before I die.
Had to raise the hood an inch or so, easily undone.

Attachments

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
That explains why my steering wheel is even with the top of the hood. His wheel looks like a newer style than mine. I think they made them from way back a ways to 1964 and that one is probably around the end with a plastic centered steering wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts