My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Allis HD-4 crawler that I just bought, it was sitting in a garage for about 25 or 30 years. I started working on it, but can't get any fuel through the pump. I have good fuel flow to the pump inlet, but it won't bleed. I took off the end cap to check the transfer pump and all seems ok there. Anyone have any experience working on these pumps? I really don't know where to go from here, other than taking the pump off and having it rebuilt.

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
The pumping plungers could be stuck in their bores. They are moved out by fuel pressure and in by the pump cam. If you can introduce a solvent into the pump, that may free them up. If not, you may have to remove the hydraulic head to free them up. If that is necessary, I would take it to a pump repair shop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I took the transfer pump end off it was clean, and there was some fuel in the rest of the pump. I'm confused as to why I can't get any fuel to flow thru the pump. The roosa manual tells you to remove the return line fitting on the top of the governor housing and fuel should bleed thru that opening. I tried and get nothing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem with a jd combine that sat for 5 years everything looked good but would not start, in the end took the pump to the rebuild shop and all it needed was a seal kit. Still was 600.00 dollars, but they checked the hole pump, put it back on started right up.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
you could look on youtube for a overhaul of a roosa master pump posted by stevewatr

1 - 8 of 8 Posts