My Tractor Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Three great points Steamguy. Now we just have to hope that "the apple" that Dave mentioned doesn't include a certain someone's proclivity for starting and then stopping... for extended periods. (one might say years but surely that's just our imagination, maybe :rolleyes:) But I have faith that that the Mike will work at a much more continuous pace than his mentor. (shouldn't be hard) :whistle:
MikeC
Proclivity? So, you're bringing out the heavy artillery, huh Mike? You ever consider I just might be trying to teach the kid patience and perseverance? Sure, I could of had these 30 or 40 projects done in a week. But what lesson is learned from that?

Heads up Mike, coming your way out the barrel of my PVC potato gun(that I finished)..................:poop:

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Actually, around 2010. I'm always behind the times it would seem, Mike. Only took a day. My wife still thinks someone stole the ignitor off our gas grill(what's the big deal, we had matches to burn). She never mentioned the hairspray.

btw.......my in depth study concluded that large red potatoes load and perform the best (y)

Reactions: bontai Joe

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Actually, around 2010. I'm always behind the times it would seem, Mike. Only took a day. My wife still thinks someone stole the ignitor off our gas grill(what's the big deal, we had matches to burn). She never mentioned the hairspray.

btw.......my in depth study concluded that large red potatoes load and perform the best (y)
Yes if they get sliced going down the barrel all the better.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
So, has Mike given any thought as to what color he wants to paint it?
He's going with a military green, Dave.

From your part of the Island ...when you talk about an "in depth" study ...do you just walk onto one of the still remaining potato farms and just jam the end into the ground for ammo? :)
Unfortunately, no, Mark...............had to buy my ammo like everybody else :confused:

·
16,676 Posts
Would that be the same one you started back in the mid-90"s when they were all the rage?:sneaky:
MikeC

Of note: How the Humble Potato Cannon Served the Allies in World War Two
/////////////////////////////////////////////

Mike C.--i do like your USE of e printed word--to, maybe, hopefully show this young man, a forum member, new owner the way to realize satisfaction from a 'completed job' once started AND finished in his youth...something to show hie heirs....not, perhaps in the archives and history books.....(sigh)
Just saying---

Reactions: bontai Joe

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I suppose this means US Army military green from the era when this nice truck was in active service, which is of course the historically accurate choice. But thinking worldwide a definition military green would allow quite an amount of different green colors to choose from.
I took it to mean the green that the truck was dressed in originally. First, there's a few small patches need welded in, and some drill holes that need to be welded shut, etc..

Weather's looking good this weekend, hopefully I'll be able join in on some of the fun. But, first I need to hang a new back entry door or I'll be in the Chateau Bow Wow......if you get my meaning ;)

·
Premium Member
7,188 Posts
Cool old truck! He'll have something that none of his friends have. Neat he chose to go with something like this. As already said, he'll be able to work on it easily and it sounds like he's done a lot of research already and knows quite a lot of about it. Looks like a great starting platform and the removable top is cool. Looking forward to following the build!

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Cool old truck! He'll have something that none of his friends have. Neat he chose to go with something like this. As already said, he'll be able to work on it easily and it sounds like he's done a lot of research already and knows quite a lot of about it. Looks like a great starting platform and the removable top is cool. Looking forward to following the build!
I think it's pretty cool he picked this one too, Austen. Mike's in his mid 20's, so not much chance of his peers having one also. The big thing is he understands this is a ride he'll have to do his own work on. He has a decent base of knowledge and this will be something he can learn on and build skills. Win-win, imo. And I'll get to drive it. Win-win-win, lol.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts