My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,385 Posts
Looks like a great project and a fun trip. Four plus lanes of traffic out here would give most people a twitch!

Reactions: tiretrx

·
Citizen of Earth
15,425 Posts
..........Safe at it's new home. First plan is to give about 6 people a sander and prepping it for a coat of primer. I think that will make a huge difference......
WOW! Why haven't I ever thought of that, giving a bunch of people a sander and letting them go at it. That there is a genius idea! THANKS!

Reactions: tiretrx

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Time for a "block party" as Shorty used to say when he was still on Iron Restoration. The washing machine is all you'll need. :)
Slight amendment, Dave......the washer machine is all Mike will need. It'll be nice to not being the one buying the beer for a change. (y)

Nice, they're normally hard to find with good metal! Is he planning on doing a military paint job on it or making it more of a showpiece?
Showpiece? Bight your tongue, Tim. We drive 'em, bro!:cool:

WOW that looks solid!! Nice find for him. So what town were you in? 3 hours puts you close in my aera.
Saugarties.

Sweeeeeeeeet truck! I love that style Jeep. So this was in New York City as in Manhattan? You are braver than me to drive a truck with a trailer in the city. My curiosity needs to know how much did you get dinged for tolls? My last trip thru the city was to take my wife to JFK. I took the Goethals bridge from NJ to Staten Island ($18) then the Verrazano Narrows bridge to Long Island ($36) for a total of $54 for just a pickup truck. A 2 axle trailer has to add to that.
We just passed through Queens and the Bronx on the way, Joe. And the right to do so is expensive.

I know the Jeep name is on it but who built it? Chevy, Ford or AMC? Heck Chrysler even built a few in the beginning. With a Jeep one has to watch those fine details.
"Willys-Overland was purchased by Kaiser Manufacturing Co. in 1953. In 1963, the company dropped the Willys name, becoming Kaiser-Jeep Corp. Six years later, in 1969, the company was acquired by American Motors."

This truck is a '69. Don't know if it was pre sale......yet.

The top looks new, and nice, and tight.
The top is brand new, and a good one, from Memphis. Also has a new water pump, radiator and some other things. The guy was running it on the road.

Reactions: bontai Joe

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
WOW! Why haven't I ever thought of that, giving a bunch of people a sander and letting them go at it. That there is a genius idea! THANKS!
You never read Tom Sawyer? ;)
Yup, Tommy was pretty slick with the fence whitewash, but the trick is to keep 'em coming back. That's where the beer and Neopolitan knockwurst comes in.

·
Super Moderator
12,603 Posts
Slight amendment, Dave......the washer machine is all Mike will need. It'll be nice to not being the one buying the beer for a change. (y)

lol. It should be nice to see how the other half have lived for a change.

The top is brand new, and a good one, from Memphis. Also has a new water pump, radiator and some other things. The guy was running it on the road.
Memphis seems to be the "Richards" of M-715dom. I came across them while checking for parts availability when I was on one of my own M-715 crusades (more to come, I'm sure :)). The new parts, and it's already being on the road are both big plusses, and make Mike's starting point better.

The one I looked at had an electric/hydraulic Western plow. It was still 24V but the seller had the electric motor rewound for 24V. I was thinking about it for my side job plowing gig post PW, but in the end decided that constant clutching (plowing driveways/parking lots) would wear on my less than perfect left knee.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Beer, and knockwurst? I'm in! :)
Sorry Dave.....remember we caught you leaving with pockets full of knockwurst the last time? You did it to yourself, bud.

·
Administrator
17,522 Posts
Dave, so that wasn't a knockwurst in your pocket...:eek:

So Ellis, after crossing the TZ, how far up did you have to go or is that a Rockland find?
MikeC

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Dave, so that wasn't a knockwurst in your pocket...:eek:

So Ellis, after crossing the TZ, how far up did you have to go or is that a Rockland find?
MikeC
About an hour up from the TZB......Saugarties.

Reactions: bontai Joe

·
Administrator
17,522 Posts
Bit of a trip but good results. And you didn't even honk on your way by. I would have sprung for lunch. Couple nice places near Harriman and Newburgh exits.
MikeC

·
Super Moderator
32,051 Posts
Not that far! Only about a hour from me. Those are pretty cool. We have a few running around local to me. Fun drive as long as you dont plan on hitting any highways. I dont know what they top out at, but the one down the road from me is screaming pretty high going down the local 55mph backroads!

·
Super Moderator
12,603 Posts
Not that far! Only about a hour from me. Those are pretty cool. We have a few running around local to me. Fun drive as long as you dont plan on hitting any highways. I dont know what they top out at, but the one down the road from me is screaming pretty high going down the local 55mph backroads!

The one I test drove had to have high 400s, or even low 500s diffs. Like you said, it was a screamer on the narrow back roads around me.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
With the older stuff, if I can run a steady, comfortable 50mph, I'm more than fine with it. That and good brakes. If they were my commuter that would be different.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Please don't let him ruin this one pushing snow is it should be capable going about anywhere one would want to go without pushing a path for someone else.
Being a 69 build probably meant for use in southeast Asia does it have a heater?

21 - 40 of 74 Posts