My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
It's a Ford thing......
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here had any experience with an RK tractor? The videos on You Tube and the website really makes it look a good option. The dealer isn't handy but the only time my present tractor has been back to the dealer's shop was for the first service. I do like some of the features on the RK 24 compared to some other brands.

·
Long Time Thread Stalker
386 Posts
What tractor do you have now?

·
It's a Ford thing......
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What tractor do you have now?
I bought an Cub Cadet/Yanmar SC2450 new many years ago. It's been a good tractor but there are a few things I would like to have on it. I am planning to retire soon and hope to have much more time on my tractor when I do. Sort of a retirement gift to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What's up blacktruck!? New to this forum but was excited to see topics on the RK tractor line. I purchased an RK24 last fall & absolutely love it. The 24 meets & exceeds the needs that I have for my property size. I have just over 2 acres that requires brush removal, driveway maintenance & snow removal. I also take care of my Mom's & her neighbors properties. They live approximately a half mile away with Mom's neighbor has a significant amount of land with mature & dying trees that I harvest for firewood.

With my RK24 purchase, I added the loader, grapple, rotary cutter (bush hog), box blade, carry all forks & rear blade. The grapple in itself has made firewood processing a game changer for me (see the pic below). The attached picture shows a 4' red oak, approximately 20-22" in diameter. At the time, I used the rotary cutter as rear ballast. I have since built a carry all box that is almost as heavy as the cutter but shorter, not taking away from turn radius in narrow areas. It will also allow me to add significant weight if necessary. When lifting the red oak mentioned above, the 24 didn't even mildly "grunt" as it lifted.

Prior to purchasing, I did my homework. I compared comparable sized tractors in other brand names with things like overall horsepower, lift capacity, weight, etc. The RK's out performed in most areas & had additional standard equipment that were options on other tractors. As I began my research, I was introduced to a YouTube channel called Outdoors With The Morgans. If you have not seen this channel, you really should. Mike Morgan came into deal with Rural King to utilize an RK24, RK37 & RK55 with implements. The work he does with the RK Tractors is truly impressive. Mike also did a video that outlined all the basic functions, switches & perks of the RK24. This helped me tremendously when it came time to decide & purchase my 24. Mike & his family are awesome & most definitely worth the time spent watching the videos. Just use caution...they're a bit addictive.

I hope this helps & if you have any questions that I can help with, please let me know! Happy Tractoring!!
IMG_1278.PNG
IMG_1278.PNG

·
It's a Ford thing......
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's up blacktruck!? New to this forum but was excited to see topics on the RK tractor line. I purchased an RK24 last fall & absolutely love it. The 24 meets & exceeds the needs that I have for my property size. I have just over 2 acres that requires brush removal, driveway maintenance & snow removal. I also take care of my Mom's & her neighbors properties. They live approximately a half mile away with Mom's neighbor has a significant amount of land with mature & dying trees that I harvest for firewood.

With my RK24 purchase, I added the loader, grapple, rotary cutter (bush hog), box blade, carry all forks & rear blade. The grapple in itself has made firewood processing a game changer for me (see the pic below). The attached picture shows a 4' red oak, approximately 20-22" in diameter. At the time, I used the rotary cutter as rear ballast. I have since built a carry all box that is almost as heavy as the cutter but shorter, not taking away from turn radius in narrow areas. It will also allow me to add significant weight if necessary. When lifting the red oak mentioned above, the 24 didn't even mildly "grunt" as it lifted.

I hope this helps & if you have any questions that I can help with, please let me know! Happy Tractoring!!
Thanks for the reply man.
I am still away for my work but hopefully will be home in the spring. I appreciate your response and pics. I do watch the Morgan's channel also. Good info there. I don't do any firewood harvesting but sort of leaning towards having the grapple for brush clearing. I usually prefer to buy upfront as opposed to going back later even if I don't have a need currently. I have narrowed my choices down to two brands. I think the quality and available attachments are pretty close maybe with just an edge to RK. The $$ and the availability of a good dealer are still questions I have. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on your RK. Funny how it is, when I am on my tractor it really is my happy place. No work or other life worries. Probably a lot of us like that if the truth be known. Yes indeed, happy tractoring to all of us.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I feel the struggle that you are in because I have been there myself. I decided to go ahead purchase the tractor while I'm working. Granted, it appears that I have more time before retirement than you but with the financing offered through Rural King, as well as the warranty on the tractors...I pulled the trigger to make the purchase. I work in public safety & have 11 years before I can retire. Tractor will long be paid for in that amount of time. The best part about it in doing it this way, I feel, is being able to climb on the 24 to go play years from now & not worrying about making that payment. At that point, the tractor costs me fuel, service & maintenance.

I completely agree with getting everything that you want upfront. Particularly the big cost items. The only thing that I did not leave the store with at tractor pick up time was the carry all. I knew with my frequent trips to RK, that I could pick one up most anytime & not pay finance charge toward a $140-150 item.

If you are seriously considering the RK24, you may want to check availability at your closest store. I read a different forum yesterday with folks talking about long wait periods for taking delivery on the RK19 & RK24. A rep from RK spoke on the forum & stated that the 19 & 24 models have evidently become their top sellers across the nation. He went on to say that forecasting sales was very difficult due to the market "explosion" in sales for those particular models. I certainly believe what he is saying because within the last 2 months, I have seen 2 other RK24's within a 3 mile radius of my house. It appears to me from your profile that you are in Texas? I am in Southwest VA & would most certainly recommend Chuck from the Wytheville, VA store. The sales experience he provided was phenomenal & he is extremely knowledgeable about his products.

I also saw on your profile that you are a Christian. I am as well & recently purchased a set of ear muff/hearing protection from RK that I am able to Bluetooth to my phone. Nothing like playing on the tractor with my Contemporary Christian playlist in my ears & spending time with God in his creation.
Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone here had any experience with an RK tractor? The videos on You Tube and the website really makes it look a good option. The dealer isn't handy but the only time my present tractor has been back to the dealer's shop was for the first service. I do like some of the features on the RK 24 compared to some other brands.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the RK24 that I purchased in the spring of 20. Have 59 hours in it with no issues. Have bucket, forks, backhoe, and 72” grapple that runs off the rear remote.

·
Registered
2021 RK24.
6 Posts
I have the RK24 that I purchased in the spring of 20. Have 59 hours in it with no issues. Have bucket, forks, backhoe, and 72” grapple that runs off the rear remote.
Hello JoJo2060, can you share a bit more about your rear remote for your grapple? So did you route the hoses from the front of the loader bracket to your rear connection? Do the hoses stay on the tractor when the grapple is not installed? I just purchased the RK24 with backhoe, bucket, and forks as well. Thinking about the grapple but didn't want to deal with the price and effort to install the 3rd function kit. Thanks.

·
It's a Ford thing......
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am still looking for a new tractor and this is still on my short list. I have made several inquiries about these through the website to no avail. I will be going home soon and stopping at the closest store to me. I remain hopeful. I like the TYM tractors so if these can be bought through RK I am all for it.

·
Registered
2021 RK24.
6 Posts
My RK24 was delivered a few days ago. It took about a week to get from their Ohio stock yard to my dealer in Tennessee. Strange they have not responded to you via the website. All of my communication was via an initial website inquiry. The local dealer/store followed up with me via email and after a few messages back and forth they ordered my tractor configured the way I wanted it without any deposit. They texted me when it arrived and I picked it up the next day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts