My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister and I took Mother to the Dr yesterday. On the way home we passed a small flea market where my sister saw some Corning Ware and wanted to stop. The lady that had the cookware also had 2 pipe wrenches, one an 18 inch Rigid. I ask her how much and she said $10 so I bought it. I have a 14 inch like it that I use a lot but there have been times when I could use a larger one.
Cannon IMG_20200110_032835980.jpg

·
3,239 Posts
Good price for a Rigid...has lifetime warranty...there really are no other stilson wrenches in the same ballpark as Rigid

·
close enuff works for me
2,984 Posts
I was a plumber for 40 years ,own several rigid pipe wrenches and never knew they had a life time warranty. I ,hit them with hammers, put 4 foot cheater pipes on them to loosen things, never broke one , never needed a warranty .

·
3,239 Posts
I was a plumber for 40 years ,own several rigid pipe wrenches and never knew they had a life time warranty. I ,hit them with hammers, put 4 foot cheater pipes on them to loosen things, never broke one , never needed a warranty .
I have had to replace the lower jaws on some smaller ones that were used frequently...only once on a 3 footer that I do still use quite a bit...have used cheaters, never whacked any with a hammer, though...use to do a lot of 3" pipe...it is surprising how much force is necessary to tighten them...forget about loosening

1 - 4 of 4 Posts