My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello all, I've just sold my JD 2305 CUT and want to purchase something new. I mow a lot about 150' x 150', lots of trees and a bit uneven. I considered a ZTR but would like to be able to tow a dump cart, spreader, aerator, etc.
I looked at the Cub Cadet 1050VT with a 12" turning radius; maybe this is the one? Ideally I'd stay around $2000. Any other suggestions or recommedations are greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
29,532 Posts
:Welcome1:

that small of a lot there is no real need for a high end machine, other than longevity. i have heard a lot of bad reviews on the Cubs lately, but that could just be because we see more folks coming here for help and not many coming to sing praise of their machines.

check into parts/service availability on whatever you get.

and do not expect any of them to live up to the quality of the 2305 you sold!

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
I think that Cub would do the job for you. I have a 2007 LT 1045 and it has been perfect so far.

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
hdhntr

I moved your post over here Lawn and Garden Tractors > Backyard Round Table in hopes that you will get more traffic and thus more opinions.
:MTF_wel2: We are glad to have you. There are many friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums. Click on ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity. You can also register with other members from your state by clicking here:

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Lots of trees, huh?
Make sure that the mower can fit between them.
I just passed up a Craftsman tractor and mower deck. The PO used it at his older house, but the new house has trees in the front and back yard. It won't fit between them.
Great yard sale find near Boston, BUT, I didn't have a trailer wide enough to load it onto. One big wide Craftsman. Looked more like a golf course tractor, but it said Craftsman on it.
Oh, it was FREE if you can roll it out of the yard.

Wasn't there a couple hours later.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've decided to buy the Craftsman YT3000, 46" swath and 21hp B&S Gold engine. Any comments or opinions? THanks!

·
Registered
547 Posts
I looked at the YT3000, along with the BoxStore Huskies and JD's....went with the LA135 and so far very pleased,no problems. For me seemed like the best +/- 2K....(1800.00 at Lowes still,I think)......JMHO:rauch10:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Two weeks in, so far so good. It does have a tight 18" turning radius. Ended up with the B&S platinum vs gold engine too. Sounds like a cyclone, does have a lot of power. Hand operated Hydrostatic transmission takes some getting used to, but I think it will work out fine in the long run. Of course I do miss my JD 2305 now!:greendr:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts