My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Gravely 2-wheeler
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to restoring my rider plow, probably from the '60's or '70's based on yellow paint I found. 馃槉 Now there's no snow to push around so I'll have to find some dirt. But its so clean. 馃槦 Problem solved. I was taking it to the barn in my utility trailer and got stuck in the mud. With spinning tires it is clean no more. 馃槩 BTW I added a flat bar stock wear edge over the expensive to replace Gravely wear edge.
DSCN7190.resized.JPG
DSCN7191.resized.JPG

Super Moderator
It turned out great! I guess that in a way it was a good thing that it christened itself with mud, so you didn't have to do it. Good idea using flat stock for the edge too. I'm going to keep this in mind for my plow.

Premium Member
+1

That looks great.

I recently acquired a plow which is solid, but looks an awful lot worse than yours. I aspire to mimic your effort :)

I didn't realize there's a little kickstand there. That makes all kinds of sense.

Premium Member
Looks great, nice work.

I upgraded mine with a few extra features. I added a grease fitting and O rings to the main shaft.

And had my machine shop guy make heavier duty handles, on which I installed a larger grip.

This is a shot of an earlier repaint before the modifications. By the early/mid 90's, black was the factory color. I bought my tractor new in 1996.

Later I also added this upgrade, a rod end connection to the handle, all to reduce the effort needed to adjust the plow, it does work much easier now.

I also developed this little guy, a modified lift rod that applies more pressure to the plow at the pavement but still allows it to float and follow the surface. This only works on hydraulic lift tractors.

Sheldon

Gravely 2-wheeler
Discussion Starter #5
I also replaced the pivot bolt with a 3/4" hitch pin with a hitch clip so that I can remove the blade from the frame easily without tools for ease of storage. Adding a spacer on the hitch pin gave room for the hook on the latch spring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts