My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Ridemaster is owned by Lou, a coworker. I had no idea it was his hobby until I saw him at the local Three County Fair nestled in among the other, larger antique tractors. First time I had seen one in person and it is an odd duck. Surprisingly easy to drive, though. (link to youtube)

It is in remarkably good condition for an absolutely unrestored machine. He only added tubes to the rear tires. They had been fluid filled and the rims were starting to corrode. I suggested that he should not restore it as long as it runs - just spray it with matte clear to preserve exposed metal and the overall appearance.

There was not much room so Lou just moved it back and forth. I thought the reverse is really strange. Normally the engine pulley is forced down, the belts are in tension, and it moves forward. For reverse, you haul on a lever that forces the engine pulley up against the drive pulley and the metal-to-metal contact spins the drive pulley the other way. The second image shows the arrangement.

Can anyone ID the year from the image? It has a round gas tank with the FMC Husky man on the side.

He does not have any attachments and is looking for some. Anyone have Ridemaster attachments around MA? I'll forward the contact info to him.

Attachments

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,705 Posts
That is a really nice original Ridemaster.
It is impossible to tell the year range from what can be seen in the photos and video.
They all had the round gas tank and the belt drive system.
There is a tag on the side of the plate that the tool bar lift arm is attached to.
If you can get me the Type number and the serial number, I may be able to tell you what year it is.

It does have the higher gas tank mount and the engineering change for raising the tank is dated 11/2/49 so it was built after that.
The Type number should 35AB02 or 35AB03.
It should have a serial number of R-2500 or higher.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will ask him for the tag info.:thanku:

If anyone does want to part with attachments, PM me and I will pass it on

1 - 3 of 3 Posts