My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a Ridemaster worth that is complete aside from missing the engine? With the disc attachment? It also needs a complete restore with locked up wheels and steering.

·
5,525 Posts
Around $200.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do guys ever put on a different engine? What model engine should I be looking for if I end up getting this? If I remember correctly it is a Wisconsin 6 horse???

·
5,525 Posts
Ray would have better info than me I would PM him.

I know my 1952 and 51 has a Wisconsin AKN.

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
AKS's will also work (that was the early engine) and Bolens showed service replacements as BKN's. The late years also used Briggs & Stratton.

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,873 Posts
Do guys ever put on a different engine? What model engine should I be looking for if I end up getting this? If I remember correctly it is a Wisconsin 6 horse???
Justin
Can you tell me the Type number and the serial number ?
You need to establish what year it is in order to tell what engine it took.
They used three different engines thru the 10 years of production.

Without seeing it, I would agree with Jerome's $200 value judgment.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
OK, after much research, I believe the Ridemasters I am looking to purchase are actually FMC Beancutters. So, the date would be 1947. Any idea how many were made? They look a little simpler than the later models. They do have the chain steering setup not the cable.

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,873 Posts
The red color doesn't mean anything ( I sold a Ridemaster just last fall that was painted red ).

The very first Bean Cutlers had the cable steering and then they were changed to the chain.
They have a big flat steel plate behind the engine instead of the rounded fender like on the Ridemaster.
The gas tank sits right on the engine instead of in the frame.
I believe the wheel base is shorter on the Bean Cutler but I don't know that for sure.

At any rate, if you got a Bean Cutler for around $200, you stole it !

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,873 Posts
getting 2 of them.......
TWO .. that is fantastic.
I would love to be able to get my hands on just one.
It would make the ideal match to the 48 Ridemaster that I now have.

·
5,525 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They are missing the engines.....which I stated earlier. But I think that won't be as big an issue as the later models as the tank is part of the engine rather than between the engine and the steering wheel. They will also need a restore, but sure, I will post pictures after the weekend. Also, the disc attachment is instead a moldboard plow attachment. Doesn't look original, but matches. I will most likely use one on a future plow day to see how it does.

·
5,525 Posts
The 1951 Ridemaster I have came with no engine. 5 days after getting it I found one on CL. It should be on its way here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts