My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sixchows...

That picture you posted did it.

I’d been pretty successful at suppressing the urge.
But that *** picture just took me over the edge.
No doubt about it now, one way or another I’m gonna
do a 1957 Ride-a-matic.

Any advice on where to find one ? They don’t show up
on eBay very often and the Bolens guys seem to be more
into Tube and Large frames. I’ll put up a post on the Yahoo
classifieds but would appreciate any additional leads.

BTW, Its gotta be ‘57 ;)

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
There are different models.56-58 look the same but there were two models. In 59 they were still green and yellow but had a flat hood. In 60 they went gold like tballs at the other place.

I'd like to find one myself. My father's was a 57 deluxe ride-a matic with the optional electric starter. Ican tell you one thing, he really liked the 1050 a whole lot more. The ride-a-matic was a finicky machine for everyday use. But to have one today restored as a novelty item, Yeah, I could go for that!

I'll dig out the rest of that pamphlet and post it tomorrow. Remind me in case I forget! It shows both models and specs.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for offering to post the rest of the Ride-a-matic pamphlet.

I was interested to learn that you also may be looking for one.
If I find one, remind me not to tell you about it until I buy it. ROF

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Not to worry! It's not something I'm looking for anytime soon! Although if I see you with one I'll probably want one even more!

·
m-ODD-r8r
2,357 Posts
AEGT5000 said:
sixchows...

Yowsah! I got yer gang reel mower right here.

That old advertising copy is so choice!

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
AEGT5000 said:
sixchows...

I’d been pretty successful at suppressing the urge.
But that *** picture just took me over the edge.
No doubt about it now, one way or another I’m gonna
do a 1957 Ride-a-matic.

Any advice on where to find one ? They don’t show up
on eBay very often and the Bolens guys seem to be more
into Tube and Large frames. I’ll put up a post on the Yahoo
classifieds but would appreciate any additional leads.

BTW, Its gotta be ‘57 ;)
Your talking about the tractor right?

·
Registered
3 Posts
1962 Ride-a-matic

Hello Six Chows.

Do you know what this would be worth? I just picked one up with a deck and sleeve hitch with a garden plow. Runs good but is missing the engine belt covers. This GOLD tractor sure it UGLY!! Thought of keeping, but am unsure?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
MontanaNY :Welcome:

Not sure what it would be worth. After being restored?
1962 was the last year for the ride-a-matic so that may influence a collector. It seems there are more of the gold ones around or maybe just that they are traded more often. The earlier green ones with the round hoods 57-58 are a little more coveted, especially the "deluxe" with electric start. Not that they are worth a fortune, but those seem to bring more $$ than the flat hooded green 59 or the 60-62 gold ones. Done right, the gold ones are quite good looking! The only problem is "seeing" potential through the usually faded paint. Chances are none of us are going to be set for life by selling one or all of our tractors. So, if you think you might like it, clean it up and keep it as a novelty item.

·
Gearhead
878 Posts
AEGT500, I agree with you on those '57's and '58's. I kept looking at that one that was on ebay a couple weeks ago. That's when I really started wanting one.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
aguysmiley said:
AEGT500, I agree with you on those '57's and '58's. I kept looking at that one that was on ebay a couple weeks ago. That's when I really started wanting one.
There was one on eBay a couple of weeks ago ??? :fing20:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ride a Matic

Thanks Six Chows,

The novelty is what makes ma what to keep it. The mower deck is pretty tired, but the tractor with the garden plow is really cool!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts