My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried many online shops and have searched everywhere. :banghead3
I need the coil\magneto and the correct condenser. These parts have long been discontinued. Can these parts be rebuilt somehow, or is this the end??
:crybaby:

K161
28118E spec #
parts needed original part numbers
220082 Condensor
230075 Coil
http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=kohler_engines&mn=K161-28911&dn=catalogs_14866 :drunkie:

·
Registered
392 Posts
I looked for a coil and condensor for my 61 Ride a Matic and never could find one so I switched to an external coil and condensor, I used one from a K181 and mounted it up under the hood out of sight.
Jonathan

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
The downside is you need a battery to run them, but who doesn't like the electric start opportunity?

I was going to do that on mine but had a mag set up fall into my hands. I believe any condenser will do in a pinch.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I have emailed just about everyone out there about the coil. Waiting to hear back from Brian Miller.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW !!!!! OOpPs, Sorry, can you sense the excitement???

I am tickled pink. I was finally able to locate a coil for my 59-60 Ride a matic. I installed it and this thing starts on the first pull and just purrs like a kitten.
Oh the joy in seeing this thing run again and so smooth. What a great little machine.

The coil I puchased is new, so I should get some years out of it.

:drunkie::thanku:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I'm glad you were able to get it running! Looks to be in great shape.

Jason

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
That's in FANTASTIC shape! I'll bet you are grinning from ear to ear now that it runs.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I am grinning ear to ear :thanku:

I know you guys completly understand... The wife just thinks I have lost my mind and leaves me alone :)

Here are some of my others.. I just had to post them :)

Thats it for now

·
Registered
1,995 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nice speedex

·
Bolens G16YT aka 2016G
John Deere GT235 B&S V-Twin 18hp MODEL: 350777 TYPE: 1137-E1 CODE: 99031611 DECK: 48C
319 Posts
I am tickled pink. I was finally able to locate a coil for my 59-60 Ride a matic. I installed it and this thing starts on the first pull and just purrs like a kitten.
Oh the joy in seeing this thing run again and so smooth. What a great little machine.

The coil I puchased is new, so I should get some years out of it.
Looks like it might pull a bit to the right...LOL...Nice machines...:fing32:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts