My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I am a new member. I was doing a google search and came upon this site. I got a new JD X530 and I am going to get a blade to plow snow. I would like to get the JD blade and was trying to find info on how to modify the blade with hydraulic angling. That is how I ended up here. If anyone has any input on the subject I would love to hear from you. Ultimately I would like to tap into the existing hydraulics to power the angling but am open to other options (such the electric/hydraulic setup on the johnny plow). Thanks, Rick.

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
I see you finaly made it.:banghead3

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Woody, I did. Did you get your 530? I want to post some pics. I went "overboard" and lighted the fuel gauges on mine. I have it wired into the light circuit. The things one will do when there is no grass to mow or snow to plow with a new tractor.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. How do you get the pic of your tractor to show when you post/reply. I've been trying. Don't know if I have been successful or not. Thanks, Rick.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Bring it over here, plenty of grass to mow. When you get set up to post pics show how you did the tail lights, I think some of the guys would be interested, I know I will be. And I did get the 530, have 4.5 hours on her this week.

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Welcome to MTF Rick!

Sweet machine you have there!

Does the X530 have a selective control valve on it for hydraulic implements? If it does, I would think you could easily do power angling.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, I don't know anything about how the hydraulics are setup on this unit or much about hydraulics in general. It just has a small lever to lift & lower the deck which I understand will do the same for the blade. I was hoping to get some answers from those who do know though. That is a REALLY SWEET machine you have there! Thanks for the reply.

·
6,553 Posts
Rick,

Thanks! :)

I did a search and didn't come up with anything for a hydraulic angling kit for the 500 series. The issue would be the lack of a SCV (selective control valve) and a second lever to operate the second spool. If an SCV could be installed like what the X7's use, and a second lever could be added, then it wouldn't be an issue to control another hydraulic cylinder for angling. But that may very well be the "complicated" way to do it. You may instead look into the addition of a linear actuator like what JohnnyBucket and others use. Much easier to wire one of those up and fit it in.

To add a photo to your posts you need to edit your Signature. To do that, you scroll to the top of the forum page and click on "User CP" that is your control panel. Then when that page loads, you will see on the left hand side of the page "Edit Signature" you can paste a link to a photo in the signature and some text EG: Your Name, Tractor model etc. And then save the signature. Try to limit the size of the photos as some of our users are still on dial up internet and it slows down loading of the page.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is the route I was thing of going. I don't know where to get one though. I have found some that were similar but not as compact as the one the JBjr uses. The other ones are also not integrated and use a seperate pump. Thanks for the input. Rick.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the "edit signature" info. We'll see if I can make it happen.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Test 1

·
6,553 Posts
Looking good! :)

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did it work?

·
6,553 Posts
Sure did!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks. Love that quote about the loose rod.

·
6,553 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Nice uppgrade with the lights , i would allso like too do that on my X540.
How did you do that. Can you take some more pics off the installation.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Thanks. Love that quote about the loose rod.
I passed a big rig today that most definitely had a loose rod. I was worried it would blow and fly through my car. Sounded awful.

Congrats on the x530. Love what you did with the hour meter and fuel gauge!:thThumbsU

1 - 20 of 20 Posts