My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in,work, and manage an apartment complex. There ain't much ground around here. 2 years ago I put in 3 4x4' square foot garden boxes and fed the squirrels. Last year wasn't much better. Lack of water, lack of time, kids, etc killed it last year. This year we decided to solve some problems. A small fence to keep the kids in while my wife or I work. A play fort to keep them busy. The fence allows my wife to work alone and concentrate on the plants without worrying about the children running into the road. I also added beds to the point we're running out of walking room. This year we're getting tomatoes, Asian eggplant, beans, onions, peppers, lettuce. Everything has done well except our zuch's.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Man thats using the old noodle. Great looking garden. Just goes to prove that you can grow your own if you really want to . Great job.:trink39: :congrats: :congrats: :hatsoff:

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
:ditto:

·
Super Moderator
29,532 Posts
she is too cute to scare the critters away, i suggest putting the owl out there though!

that is a nice looking garden. i should do somethign like that cause my large garden requires more time than i can give it and usually gets out of hand before the end of the season. that is one reason i only planted a few toms up near the house this year.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Aw,
The little one is simply way, way too cute with the owl! Great use of garden area, and love the fencing!

A+

sheila

1 - 7 of 7 Posts