My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i been using a 4 foot long precision products yard cart for over 10 years. i beat the you know what out of it. even bent the floor in it with a heavy old wisconsin engine. and even a neighbor (drunk) cut into it in couple areas. well i had that stuff to do it laying around. so i took it apart ran bracing and a bunch of angle iron and put a full frame under it then i extended it out 2 feet. i even made a new gate for it. i will be beefing up the tires soon. but all the work i done to it and it looks better but could use some paint i also extended the tongue

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,716 Posts
Might want to somehow beef up the latch system. Had the same 17 cf cart only Agrifab brand. Heavy loads (90lb wall stones) eventually torqued that front brace that levels the cart and that the latch hooks into. Given that you have extended the cart half again as original will really increase the leverage on latch. If you are using it for heavy stuff-gravel, dirt, firewood etc. If just leaves and grass that's different. But when do we ever not overload stuff? Whether carrying in carts, lifting with FELs or pushing with plow? Just my 2¢.
MikeC

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
looks great! less trips, get more done.

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Might want to somehow beef up the latch system. Had the same 17 cf cart only Agrifab brand. Heavy loads (90lb wall stones) eventually torqued that front brace that levels the cart and that the latch hooks into. Given that you have extended the cart half again as original will really increase the leverage on latch. If you are using it for heavy stuff-gravel, dirt, firewood etc. If just leaves and grass that's different. But when do we ever not overload stuff? Whether carrying in carts, lifting with FELs or pushing with plow? Just my 2¢.
MikeC
this specific cart has 1/4 inch steel in the front for the latch system. i hauled so much dirt with this that the tires looked flat lol. eventually this trailer will get a hydrolic cylinder. i braced front of trailer underneath just for this. but i will run a couple square tubing when time comes for that. but latch area was always heavy duty on this old thing lol i am thinking this thing is from the 80s lol

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks great! less trips, get more done.
i use this alot for scrap hauling to move things accross yard to truck or trailer less trips. now it fits almost all stripped lawn tractor frames inside lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts