My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I stared my search in the E100 series, and then decided to bump up to the X350. It feels solid when you hop aboard. No wobbliness, just firmly planted! The 18.5 HP Kawasaki engine has a quiet purr to it, even at full throttle. Engine power is beefy too, it didnt break a sweat on my semi hilly and inclined terrains. 42” Accel Deep deck provided a smooth even cut at 3”. I had it outfitted with mulch blades and the optional mulch/side discharge kit. The mulch quality was very fine, no clumps, and efficient. Compared to my neighbors lawn with brown globs evenly scattered across entire lawn as a result of a side discharge. I had a slight overspray of mullch clippings, only on the outside edges of the yard. So I had to go back with a blower, but that was expected. The X350 made very short work of my 1/2 acre property. In half an hour I was done, compared to close to an hour and some change on the 21” self propelled push mower. I am glad I went with the 42” deck as the 48”. The 48” is better suited to larger open lots. However on terrain with inclines, a few obstacles, and a hill or two, the 42” is easily maneuverable. I definitley give the X350 a 8.5 of10 for the money. I feel like John Deere may have thrown in the all wheel steer, or power steering at this price point.

· Registered
23 Posts
I bought the 2019 model of the same tractor, have had it about a year now. Boy I wish I could get the LA120 back that I traded in on it. The deck has leveling issues, and will not stay level. I have the bagger option, and maybe this changes things, but the LA120 purchased at Home Depot, for half the cost of the X350, produced a better looking cut, with zero problems. This X350 is a collage of problems, It has been in indoor storage for a year now, zero exposure to any water, and yet the digital display will still fog with condensation every time it is run. I doubt that the electronics involved with that display will last as long as my old mower. Clearly there is a problem. I bought the X350 from GreenMark JD dealer, they are 3 miles from my place, they will not “really” honor the warranty, they would take the unit for a week, or two, and return it, after making a few “adjustments” and It would perform the same way. 3 year 300 hour warranty means nothing, if they cannot fix a bad design. I now deal with the JD dealer 35 miles away, smaller outfit, but better people.
in the end, my loyalty to a brand who’s been part of my whole life, caused me to make a poor choice. I would have been further ahead from a money standpoint, and had a nicer looking lawn all year, if I would have gone with another big box store rider, and throw them away every two years.
i purchased one of the eGo electric battery operated push mower, to go back and clean up where the Edge deck cuts so poorly. Very disappointing, somewhere, in some office, an accountant, who has probably never even been on a tractor, and lives in a condo, made a choice to save a nickel, and further harmed the brand.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the 2019 model of the same tractor, have had it about a year now. Boy I wish I could get the LA120 back that I traded in on it. The deck has leveling issues, and will not stay level. I have the bagger option, and maybe this changes things, but the LA120 purchased at Home Depot, for half the cost of the X350, produced a better looking cut, with zero problems. This X350 is a collage of problems, It has been in indoor storage for a year now, zero exposure to any water, and yet the digital display will still fog with condensation every time it is run. I doubt that the electronics involved with that display will last as long as my old mower. Clearly there is a problem. I bought the X350 from GreenMark JD dealer, they are 3 miles from my place, they will not “really” honor the warranty, they would take the unit for a week, or two, and return it, after making a few “adjustments” and It would perform the same way. 3 year 300 hour warranty means nothing, if they cannot fix a bad design. I now deal with the JD dealer 35 miles away, smaller outfit, but better people.
in the end, my loyalty to a brand who’s been part of my whole life, caused me to make a poor choice. I would have been further ahead from a money standpoint, and had a nicer looking lawn all year, if I would have gone with another big box store rider, and throw them away every two years.
i purchased one of the eGo electric battery operated push mower, to go back and clean up where the Edge deck cuts so poorly. Very disappointing, somewhere, in some office, an accountant, who has probably never even been on a tractor, and lives in a condo, made a choice to save a nickel, and further harmed the brand.
Sorry to hear that but my X350 is amazing quality and built like a tank! So glad I splurged double over the entry level lineup. The deck is super level and stays that way on my semi rough terrain. The cut is even like carpet. Took it out the other day just because leaves were gathering and the mulch kit minced them so fine, and cut the grass razor sharp at 2.5 inches. Still looks just cut a week later, however it is winter. Love how accurate the gas gauge is, Im running on next to empty (2 notches) on my half acre lot. About ready to retire it until spring. Glad I opted for the 42” deck, very manuverable around trees and tight turns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.