My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
IDK a thing but i try
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ill call it restoring but i guess its more of a refresh. Since im in the process of getting a divorce and not longer need it for mowing duty I decided to take it to the shop and do some work on it. Ive had some wiring issues so its getting rewired. Ill also load the tires. Its getting a real non rattle can paint job. Im also adding a 3 point hitch and converting it to electric PTO.

Im not going to tear it down to paint each piece because the body is in great shape and there isnt any rust on this thing.

before

during

'

almost done - some switches and a relay

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Looks awesome keep us posted
Doug

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Im envious of you , maybe some day my 200 will look like that. I would like to hear it run first.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Great looking tractor. Please keep us posted as you progress. Good luck and enjoy it. slkpk

·
IDK a thing but i try
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys

I got some more wireing done and have determined the battery is shot. I also got some parts. I was impressed with the quality of the 3PH. all i need is to get the rest of the hitch done and installed.

bet the Wheel Horse Stable guys are bad mouthing me behind there hidden forums already :ROF

·
16,487 Posts
Let 'em talk..Those 'other guys"

I really like your wire re-do--you use the same heat shrink ends and cable conduit as I do...It looks really sweet!:thThumbsU

Keep those pictures a=coming...

{and sorry to hear about the divorce}:hide:

·
IDK a thing but i try
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heat shrink everything i do. i think those ends are the best thing. np about the divorce. i knew it was coming and ham happier than ever.

Im trying to decide what color to paint it. DO i want to stay with red or do something crazy like cobalt blue? i just do know.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Man that color sounds awesome go for it

·
Registered
65 Posts
bet the Wheel Horse Stable guys are bad mouthing me behind there hidden forums already
David, WHO is stirring the pot now ? We haven't said a word about your "restoration" , your building a tractor on a table, or anything else about you. Quite frankly, it's a waste of time and typing.
Get over yourself and go about your business.
There's a reason that most of our forum is now hidden. After receiveing threatening emails, and having quotes pulled from the forum (out of context I might add) we closed it to the public.
I am not the WH police, nor do I care what they think of what I do. I build mine for the love of the hobby, and the preservation of the breed.
My apologies to the other members of MTF for having to make this post, but I had to clear this issue up.
:thanku:

·
Registered
47 Posts
bet the Wheel Horse Stable guys are bad mouthing me behind there hidden forums already
David, that is kind of sad.

Such remarks are why forums like the Wheel Horse Stable were created, and unfortunately, the same kind of remarks are the reason for so many trouble issues from one forum to another.

I can tell you this though- As a moderator I see everything that goes on there, and I don't remember your name ever coming up. Given your remark, I am unsure as to whether that is either a relief to you or a disappointment, but wanted you to know you now have no reason for concern.

My apologies for straying from the subject of this thread. And David, I am truly sorry to hear of anyone having to endure a divorce- especially when children are involved. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Kevin

·
IDK a thing but i try
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You know i was thinking about that little comment I said over the last couple days(i get the email notifications through my phone and havent had a change to get online) Im sorry for saying it as the comment(s) im referencing to were done mostly by one member of your site. I should bash the group for the crazyness of one or two members and im sorry for bringing it up.

Update - FIRE FIRE FIRE

I managed to drop the hood across a few of the wires and short them out. What are the odds or catching everything before the inline fuse. Anywho since 2 of the wires were cooked pretty good i decided to pull all the wiring and redo it. I didnt really like the way it turned out anyways.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Dag sorry to hear that but second time is a charm at least for me anyways

·
Registered
47 Posts
You know i was thinking about that little comment I said over the last couple days(i get the email notifications through my phone and havent had a change to get online) Im sorry for saying it as the comment(s) im referencing to were done mostly by one member of your site. I should bash the group for the crazyness of one or two members and im sorry for bringing it up.
Thank you David.:thanku:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
ANy updates on the D200

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Yeah, good question! Have you been able to redo the wiring yet? And have you chosen the paint?

This tread has been great as I too, someday, hope to own a "D". Please keep us updated!:i_praying

1 - 20 of 55 Posts