My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a B7100 today. I runs and is ready to be put to work, but it's in pretty rough shape cosmetically. The hood is dented and has a little rust on the side. Basically, the tractor is not much to look at, but would make a great "winter" resto project. I have restored a few of the old International Harvester Cub Cadet garden tractors and they are really easy b/c "parts" tractors are plentiful for extra sheet metal- fenders, hoods, etc. and parts in general are easy to come by. You can pretty much buy anything you need on the net or at the local Cub Cadet dealership. I was wondering if anyone ever actually restores older Kubotas, and where do you find parts like hoods, steering wheels, etc. Are there any Kubota websites out there where people are selling parts off old tractors? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,556 Posts
Tiger parts are still easily available from the Kubota dealer and online, the B7100 was a popular tractor in its day so parts are fairly easy to come by.

For another site that specialize in Kubota's check this out www.orangetractortalks.com. this site has a lot information and where one guy actually rebuilt a B-series tractor and even made a new hood for his out sheet metal he had in his shop. The hood is not perfect but alot better then what he had originally. The guys there are Canadian but they ship all over North America.

·
Registered
45 Posts
my grandpa restored a b7100. he pretty much stripped it down and started from scratch. it did spend a lot of time split in half though...just fyi...great tractor when it was running, however. we recently traded it in for a bx2660...anyway, he just went down to the kubota dealer when he needed parts. sometimes they had to order them, but he was alsways able to get what he needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts