My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I are in the process of restoring a 210. Needless to say we are on a budget and will be doing all of the work ourselves. We do need some help with the proper paint colors / number for resto. Unfortunately it has to be all rattle cans, but wish us luck.

Does anyone have recommendations on what brand Krylon, Rustoleum, etc to use. And what can numbers to buy. Obviously I need green, yellow and black LOL.

Thanks for all your help and this site is the best!

Rick and Nic:greendr:

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
The Krylon with the fan pattern allows you to do a pretty decent job. Don't know if they have Deere colors though.

If you have or could borrow or rent a compressor, you could buy a cheapie gun and use cheap paint from rustoleum or TSC paint and do a nice job.

You really can't get a good job with a standard spray can pattern on something big like a 210 fender pan or hood, and by the time you buy all those rattle cans to get 3 coats, the quart of paint from TSC is cheaper.

That's just the reality of it, as is buying a charcoal mask to protect yourself.

This was a paint job done with probably $20 in paint, $15 in reducer, $10 tape, $15 sandpaper..and an air compressor, gun, mask etc.

Probably could have been done with $50 worth of spray cans, especially if you could get Deere paint in fan spraying cans.

Don't rule out just heading to your deere dealer and buying spray cans there, I hear it's pretty reasonable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts