My Tractor Forum banner

Restoring 995

839 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  nojgib 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I’m new to the group. I just got my hands on a 1980 yard man 995. I’ve always loved these old machines. I was able to save it from the scrap yard along with its mower deck, tiller attachment, and snow plow attachment, along with all wheel weights and tire chains. I cleaned the plugs and fuel tank out and it popped right off and ran like a champ. Needless to say, I was beyond thrilled. The machine is complete and has no missing, bent, or damaged parts so I’ve decided to do a full restore. The problem I’ve been having is that I can’t find the hydrostatic 18hp yard man decals for the hood anywhere. Curious to know if any of you might know where I can get some at. Thanks in advanced.

#4 ·
Definitely need pictures. Keep us posted with your progress on the restore.

#5 ·
Guys I found the decals for the yard man 18hp hydrostatic. I emailed this company who had ones for the transmatic but not the hydrostatic. They took that design and changed it to hydrostatic. I’ll attach the link for anybody else who might be looking for the same thing.

#11 ·
I would like to know what scrap yard you attend. Apparently "worn out scrap" in your area has a far different meaning than anywhere close to me. Enjoy the build - and more importantly the time with your son. 8 turns to 18 seemingly in the blink of an eye.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.