My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day All,
Well, not sure about freinds to the south...but here in Central Ontario spring has been brutal. Snowed again last night.. Anyway, i have owned a 1974 LGT 145 that i have decided is going to be my driver this summer. I will post pic's shortly. I freshened up the K321 with 20 overbore and new crank bearings. ***QUESTION*** Before the rebuild i took photos of the engine and all related parts, my phone/camera got wrecked and i do not have any refererance photos... I can't figure out how the cylinder head gets fixed to cylinder with the washers/shims/???? I dont understand proper torque values with a gas tank bracket??? Can anyone tell me if stud washers go on bottom of stud/top of stud/ or both etc????
I have searched the forum, and nothing. Cylinder head torque is important, just want to be sure..
Gotta a couple of other issues, but i will save for another post.
Keep warm and well fed...
Cragar

·
Registered
528 Posts
I think on mine I had a bolt with threads on both ends... so, the head was torqued down like normal, and the bracket was attached to the stud sticking up from the same bolt... I needed a deep socket to get that one on.
but, your setup might be slightly different.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just pulled off the head on my K321, and the washers were on the bottom, against the
Aluminum head. The spacers for the brackets set on the washers.

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,028 Posts
Nice to see another early opensided LGT owner in Ontario. Do you have a parts tractor to work from? I have some odds and ends but not a lot. What town are you near?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the delay. Live in Southern Georgian Bay area close to Midland. Steering gear is always a challenge to get parts. Just finished rebuilding engine and noticed a pretty good knock.. Tearing it down again tonight and rechecking crank/rod tolerances. Might have to go to a .10 under rod. Urrrrrrrr. Just a daily driver at this point, however might restore it over winter.
Cragar.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Premium Member
10,447 Posts
Welcome from down here near windsor. Im not part of the lgt club though

Sorry to hear about your trouble with the engine, you will get it figured out. If not im sure larry and the other lgt guys will be right there to help:thumbup:

Goodluck with your rebuild and am i the only one noticing the lack of pictures:D. We all love pictures

Mikey.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well yes, turns out i made a grade one boo-boo. I measured all critical areas for my k321 rebuild except 1. I never miked the crank journal as it and the rod looked good. Only to find out the old rod was already ten under. So when all the new parts came in and machine work was completed i buttoned her back up and noticed knock knock. Torn down engine again and went right to the crank. Yep, i put a standard rod in a ten under crank. Get a little too impatient and see what happens. I also think i need a new cylinder head. I does have slight warp near where the spark plug is.. Might be able to torque down and see if it is ok. I will post some pics of my blue money pit. Lol.
Cragar

Sent from the MTF Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts