My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Clod Buster
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of restoring my Massey Ferguson TO-35. I'd like to add OEM accessories that were available for the tractor when it was new. Some I can find that are original and some appear only available as after-market items. I'd like to add headlights and it appears that the original ones also had a little wing escutcheon but I'm not sure of the exact location of the factory lights and it appears that the only lights available are after-market. I need to replace the hood latches and I can't find any, I'd like to replace the utility light and the rear light but I can only find parts of the original configuration and only as after-market items. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :praying:

Regards,
Chuck

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
can you post a picture of the lights you are looking for? Some folks around here (on the forum) have extra parts in the garage. I know i do...

·
Registered
609 Posts
the headlight wings are available from Steiner Tractor parts who advertises on this sight. I have a TO-35 with lights but it is on loan to my FIL who doesn't do pictures. I'm posting a couple of pic below of it that my help a bit with placement.
If you look at a Ford 2n or an early 8n the parts and placement are the same as are all the Massey models from the same years, I think all these are the same set up - TE20, TO20, TO30, TO35, MF 20, 30, 35, 40, 50, 65, 85, 88, 95, 97, 98

·
Registered
821 Posts
As far as I know, the bulbs with the checker board design are harder to find than the light bucket. I need a set of bulbs for my Farmall "A". PJ

·
Clod Buster
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can you post a picture of the lights you are looking for? Some folks around here (on the forum) have extra parts in the garage. I know i do...
Thanks but I wish I knew! I see that there are lights as an option but I have no idea what is appropriate for the year and model. I guess I need a bit of hand-holding on this since its my first attempt at restoration.:sorry1:

·
Clod Buster
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the headlight wings are available from Steiner Tractor parts who advertises on this sight. I have a TO-35 with lights but it is on loan to my FIL who doesn't do pictures. I'm posting a couple of pic below of it that my help a bit with placement.
If you look at a Ford 2n or an early 8n the parts and placement are the same as are all the Massey models from the same years, I think all these are the same set up - TE20, TO20, TO30, TO35, MF 20, 30, 35, 40, 50, 65, 85, 88, 95, 97, 98

Thanks for the pix, they help a lot! I appreciate the info, now I need to figure out the size of the hole and I am sure that it must have a grommet to save the wires from abrasion. BTW great looking tractors

·
Registered
609 Posts
The wires are protected, the mounting stud is hollow and the wires come through it

·
Registered
609 Posts
also, thanks for the complement on the tractors, the 135 is the one I grew up on. I tracked it down and bought it back from the man who my father sold it to.
The TO-35 belonged to my wife's grandfather, never been out of the family. I also have her great-grandfathers Allis WC that had never been out of the familr either. Just trying to save some family history!

·
Clod Buster
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some folks around here (on the forum) have extra parts in the garage. I know i do...
Ayone have a complete double spool auxiliary valve for the MF TO-35 that they may be willing to part with? Right now I really wold love to get one of those.

Regards,
Chuck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts