My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally started working on it. Gutted final drive,cleaned everything up,renewed the bearings and seals and started reassembly. Next up is the right side. I'll post pictures as I go but it won't be daily,cause I'm slow but thorough. I get things done at turtles pace??,but it could be worse, could be a snail's pace??

Attachments

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Looking good will be following your progress

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I made a little head way on the old girl. Right final drive got cleaned up,new bearings and seals. Also took left front spindle assembly apart, clean it all up,repacked bearings,installed new seal and put it back together. Took the right spindle apart gave it a rough cleaning. Hopefully Monday I can do final cleaning, repack, install new seal an reassemble. Next step is remove front axle and install new bushings.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the neighbors truck on the lift all week helping him fix it. But today I finally got a little work done on her. Finished cleaning up other spindle, repacked bearings and put new seal in. Took differential cover off drained it,used my buddies blast cabinet to clean it up along with cap screws, reinstalled an put the oil in. I figured blasting was the easiest,cause I tried the wire wheel on bench grinder and it wouldn't take the paint off the cap screw heads. An hand sanding was out of the question,cause I am not that dedicated. What can I say I'm lazy?? or I could say I work smarter, not harder??

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blasted front axle,installed new bushings in spindle tubes and new bearings in center pivot. Installed new thrust bearings and stuffed it all back together. Cleaned up fenders,took to neighbors body shop,he epoxy sealed them and top coated. Little by little I'll get it done

Attachments

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Looking very good its going to be a nice tractor

·
Registered
4,259 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, finally got the engine grill an tranny off of the frame. So I thought I'd post some pics of my frame towing gismo. It's not finished, but I'll post pics when frame and rear end is mounted up. The reason for the gismo is to tow the frame to my neighbors body shop and he thought about 3.5 ft. Was a good height to paint the final drives an frame. It's made from old lawn mower wheels an scrap steel laying around. it's going to get used twice an then cut apart for whatever else I can dream up. At least I won't get it all scratched from transporting it.??

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Making headway,got frame all cleaned up. Took it on the half mile journey to the body shop and the neighbor epoxy sealed and painted it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 49 Posts