My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the 2 bag or single bag grass catchers that are used on the Snapper RER's interchangable between 28" - 30" - and 33" deck mowers?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
Far as I know yes. I have the 28" deck and the 1 bin bag. I looked on the snapper site at the part/accessories manual and it looks like you can use any on any deck.
Check the site out under manuals. You'll need your model #.

MU

·
Registered
524 Posts
I was a Snapper dealer up until the early 90s. Back then the 30" used a smaller tube that the 28" and 33" Hi-Vacs. A single bagger was made for all, but the twin bagger was made only for the Hi-Vacs. In a nutshell, the 30" bagger won't interchange with a Hi-Vac.

·
Snapper Lover
459 Posts
The bagger itself will but the tube and the piece that attaches to the deck won't fit from hi-vac to 30".

I've done it.

Have also seen twins on a 30 at the dealer.

T.C.

·
Registered
524 Posts
The bagger itself will but the tube and the piece that attaches to the deck won't fit from hi-vac to 30".

I've done it.

Have also seen twins on a 30 at the dealer.

T.C.
I consider the tube and adapter as part of the bagger, hence they won't interchange. The bagger top is most likely different to accomodate the different size tubes, but not saying you couldn't shove the larger tube in it or vice-versa.

There hasn't been a Snapper dealer in my parts for nearly two decades so they very well may have made a twin for the 30s that weren't available in my era. I've been out of the loop quite a while.

·
Snapper Lover
459 Posts
If you consider the all pieces as part of the bagger you are correct. From my experience the way I typed it out it will work. I consider them 3 separate pieces because the bagging piece it self has been interchangeable in my experiences. I wasn't disagreeing with you at all. Just trying to be helpful to him.

T.C.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts