My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I have a LT 1045 with Kohler Courage 20 SV600-0009. You may have guessed this already but the block is cracked in several spots. I found this after disassembly to find out why so much oil was ending up outside the engine. I am wanting to repower with something other than the Kohler for the reasons of this failure as well as budget. I would like to go with the B&S 331877-2371 or 31P777-2147. Dimensionally it looks like everything will work fine but I had a guy tell me that the electric PTO clutch requires a regulated alternator that the Kohler has but the B&S do not and thus, I shouldn't go with the B&S. This doesn't make a lot of sense to me since the PTO would be getting its power from the battery/charging circuit (I assume). Any thoughts or recommendations on this?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
would think it's more a case of the replacement engine making enough output wattage to keep the elect PTO well supplied during energized use. just ck the mfgrs spec on alt output - if they match up or exceed the kohler's, you should be good to go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts