My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a f155 with a bad 3cyl eng found a 2 cyl just wanted 2 know if it could be swapped in

·
Registered
825 Posts
While most anything is possible with enough resources I think your task would be very very difficult. Adapting from one engine to the bell housing of another model is going to present a serious problem. Also mounting the engine, radiator hoses, etc. etc.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think its the 3T72 its a 3cyl diesel I found a good running 2cyl yanmara diesel and was hoping it would work the tractor only has 74 hrs on it they overheated it took the head of lost it and let the 3cyl rust solid

·
Registered
22 Posts
I cant give you a confirmation on if a 2cyl will fit in a frame for a 3cyl, but I have heard that a lot of the true grey market tractors that were supposed to have 3cyl in them show up over here with 2cyl. So its quite possible

I was looking at some pictures of the 3t and 2t motors and they seem to have the same or very close engine adapter plate

I am in a very similar boat as I am looking for a 3t72 crankshaft and am willing to slap just about anything I can find to work in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was just reasearching the bellhousing looks like most smaller diesel/industrial motors use an sae5 bellhousing. if this is the case than just about any yanmar diesel you will find should fit, you might have to make motormounts to fit properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts