My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
As the commercial goes: Zoom zoom zoom.
That baby looks ready to roll and do some cutting. I might have looked for one of them if I knew they existed instead of the more standard AYP.
I had thought(after learning they were made) that the first deck was adjudged a total failure, and the second, actually a pretty good deck.
It almost approaches the cut of a zero-turn, being able to turn a lot sharper than a standard front-engine mower/tractor.
tom

·
Registered
4 Posts
Awesome post, I am working on a similar project (in a way) with a 33" receiving a re-power from a Kohler off of a John Deere/Scotts tractor. I think I ended up with the exact same muffler that you used. I had to replace the rear bumper/bar/end-stand that was connected to the split type that you have due to clearance issues on the crossbar. I haven't tackled the wiring yet and I may have a spacing issue from the drive plate to the disc that I need to resolve. (not sure if it should be making solid contact at rest?). Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
I’ve done a bit more work to the 41” Snapper RER this season. I replaced a bad starter on the Kohler motor. I replaced the clutch / brake cable since it was looking like it was on it’s last legs and replaced the blade belt. Last week one of my front wheels blew a wheel bearing so I ordered a used tire and wheel off eBay for $25. Now I have enough parts to make up a spare set of front wheels.

I need to find a new seat since mine has a split in it and my butt gets wet every time I mow now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Searcy,

Very informative thread. Thanks for sharing in detail.

I am facing a similar project as i just blew the 8hp techumseh engine on my little 30" Forest Gump Style Snapper. I'm intrigued with your 41" deck as my 30" is small for my lot. The 41" decks must have been rare because I have yet to see one for sale within a 200 mile radius of Western New York.

Creter

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Searcy,

Very informative thread. Thanks for sharing in detail.

I am facing a similar project as i just blew the 8hp techumseh engine on my little 30" Forest Gump Style Snapper. I'm intrigued with your 41" deck as my 30" is small for my lot. The 41" decks must have been rare because I have yet to see one for sale within a 200 mile radius of Western New York.

Creter
Yea, they seem to be very rare. Once I learned there was a 2 blade Snapper RER with the round tube frame I just checked every snapper listed on Facebook Market until I found one. I have to drive about an hour away to get it. We are headed into my third season of using this mover now and I just love it. I do need to rebuild the front end with a steering bushing kit and I need to weld up a crack in the deck but it’s a monster mower that gives me few problems and cuts nicely.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts