My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TexasFire
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I bought my '68 Ford 2000, the key would not come out of the ignition switch & was slightly bent. It broke off a couple of days ago so I'm looking to replace it. I can take what's left of the old key (or probably a screwdriver) & still start the tractor but I want to replace the ignition switch. I'm thinking that someone has likley replaced it already as the switch doesn't appear to be OEM. All of the OEM switches I can find have spade terminals & the one I have has screw lugs. I like screw lugs better, I think its a more secure connection. So I'm trying to locate a generic switch with screw lugs to do the swap. Just throwing this out there for comments / input. I may just go down to a local parts house to see what they have, thinking they oughtta be somewhat generic. This is a gas tractor, not diesel so don't need a glow plug position. Thanks in advance for any feedback!

TexasFire

Attachments

·
TexasFire
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys are so awesome!

:thanku:

TexasFire :fing32:

·
TexasFire
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the switch ordered today! Had some difficulties with PayPal but Elizabeth was a great help & got me fixed up. Thanks again to both of you!

Mark :thanku:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts