My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
random guy
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, somehow one of the hoses on one of my quick-hitches got pinched while changing out the snowblower. (yeah, yeah. I don't think I did it...)

1) best place to get a replacement hose? Are the assemblies available from anyone besides Deere? I can certainly buy all the pieces from discounthydraulichose, but I'd rather not, not for one hose.

2) Do I have to bleed the whole assembly post-replacement? I know some systems auto-bleed, but since the quick-hitch is postive pressure in both directions, I'm not seeing how a hose full of air would bleed by itself.

(I don't have a service manual for the quick-hitch...)

·
Registered
233 Posts
I would go get a new hose made. This way you can get the exact length you need if the old one was not right.

·
random guy
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will have to ask around then. i used to work at an auto parts store and we never made any hoses but that doesnt mean it doesnt happen.

do hydraulic lines use regular NPT fittings (ok, NPT sizing, not black iron obviously)?

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
MTF mile high club member
5,919 Posts
As mentioned, take the hose off and take it with you so they can duplicate it without any guesswork. Any tractor/implement dealer (doesn't matter what color they sell) should be able to make that hose for you; some areas have hydraulic shops that specialize in that sort of thing and they can usually by found with a Google search. When you get the new one on, just cycle the cylinder back/forth a few times and you should be good to go. :fing32:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I had hoses made at a local Parker hydraulics store. There are a few in the surrounding area, so sure they are across country. Quick, perfect fit, and half the price Deere wanted for their hose!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts