My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I get new model/serial number stickers from JD for my deck?? I have 1 that the paint peeled off like a sheet (like it musta been applied directlt w/o any sort of primer) and needs a date with the sandblaster and a proper repaint; the other deck's still in good shape but the sticker's gettin scraped up; I can still read it (but barely) More worried about future parts ID/availability than "show worthiness"

·
JD RULES
1,026 Posts
Hi Don , :Welcome1:

I'm not sure if you can get model/serial# decals (call your local Dealer) , but for future reference , if you you have'nt already , there's a place in your MMM manual to write these important #'s down ...

Later,x595

·
Registered
948 Posts
The last time I checked into this, replacement serial number stickers for attachments, such as mower decks, are not available from Deere. Replacement serial number tags, stickers, plates are only available for tractors and other motorized ride-on equipment. There is a process that one has to go through, and that starts with finding a dealer willing to help out. There is a special form that has to be completed, information has to be verified, a regional rep from Deere is usually involved, and there is a cost. The replacement serial number tag will also state DUPLICATE on it.

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
Got a digital or film camera? I photoed mine and stored them in the computer... and since i dont' trust anything even remotely "electronic" I printed out real photo paper pix of them for the "actual files"... of course they might possibly "could" catch fire but that likelyhood is far less than me crashing this whole computer box...

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I went and pulled the deck off my 314 yesterday to bring home (tractor's currently 30 mi away) as it's the worst of my 3 Deere decks surface rust-wise and I guess it's moot on that one; the sticker musta peeled away in the "sheet" that used to be "paint"!

So that said, for the same reason as I want replacement stickers for the 48,, how do I ID this thing as far as belts new blades and such?? It's the newer style with 4 gauge wheels, (and 2 rollers, 1 ea, F&R), is somewhat more "square" than the 39" deck I got it to replace, larger than the 39 but smaller than my 48" deck that has the same "newer" configuration. The plan is to strip all 3 to bare shells and have them sandblasted, so i can properly prime and repaint them. a few busted welds but so far the ceracks don't extend any farther; nothing my Miller Mig can't deal with!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts