My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I bought my last set at Lowes but that was about 4 years ago. They were original TROYBILT tines also. Lowes still sells Troybilt products so they may be able to order the tines for you if they do not carry them in stock at the store. Tractor Supply carries some Troybilt products also. The worst thing they can say is no.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
I found a Bolens tiller just like the one I use that had very nearly new tines. Bought it cheap because the gearbox was messed up. Cheap way to get a spare set of tines.

You may be able to find a parts tiller or two for less than the price of a set of tines.

Mike

·
Registered
214 Posts
"anyone know a good place to get some low priced troy bilt horse tine other than ebay ?"

Well, I got mine from Bill Rodgers at Valley Power Products located in Roanoke VA.
They were not "low priced", but they came from a vendor who has been involved with
Troy-Bilt for the past 38 years now, and his source has the best tine forging he has found.

Troy has been "out of business" now for 12 years, and where the e-bay and Amazon vendors are getting their tines from is anybody's guess. I prefer to deal with someone I know and trust, not some Chinese ripoff reseller.

As to "low priced" - I know I get what I pay for. If you want a new set of tines to dress up
an old girl, just to resell it, use the cheapest guy on e-bay.

I have owned TB's off and on for over 30 years, and they are one fine machine. Simple, easy
to maintain, and easy to repair. They never printed their Owner's Manual in 4 different languages on the same page in confusing geek speak. Simple instructions for a simple machine, to be cared for by simple folk who enjoyed gardening.

I am NOT degrading any MTD seller, TB reseller, or attempting to flame anyone. Just my
2 cents.

Regards,
Ford

·
Jack of All Trades
1,337 Posts
This past summer i replaced a set of times for a customer on a Pony, which uses the same tine set as the horse. TB tine set would have ran him $179, he opted for an aftermarket set from Rotary for $130. I believe the Rotary's are made in the USA , whereas the TB's are probably foreign made. Oregon also has replacement tines, but not sure where they are made. So far the tines seem to be holding up well, and he is tilling in DG (Decomposed Granite) which can be wickedly abrasive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.