My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, got to working on my 5260 today. Pulled the carb and after a good soaking, the throttle and choke plates came unfrozen, so with a kit it should be good to go.

BUT........I took the fuel tank off to clean it out and found the entire area under where the clamps hold it to the mount plate on the tractor is rusted out. The tank literally fell apart in my hands. I have looked at the few places I know of to order parts, and they have the round tanks (for alot of money) but nobody has the rectangle Kohler fuel tanks. Does anyone know of a tank that makes a good replacement?? Thanks in advance.....

Andy

·
Registered
573 Posts
Fuel tanks are easy. Can you weld or braze some sheet metal where it clamps? You can always cream the inside of the tank if it is rusty or has small holes in the tank. I have done this to many tanks works great.

BUD

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tank is unfortunately beyond repair. It would be easier to fab a new one than to try to save the origional. It is just too far gone. I was hoping somebody might have a spare or know of a similar sized tank that might work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts